Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Catch up & 4 new posts below

It is time to get caught up with my blogging and for some reason I have found it easier to do tons of posts at once and only update once a month. My goal is to do better but be prepared for a lot of catching up the next couple of days. 5 posts today!! Here is a quick update of the Lau family:

Glen: Is busy as always but enjoying work. He now is working at the VA which is pretty crazy because they wayyyy over book their days. It seems like Glen doesn't have time to eat or go to the bathroom because he is seeing so many patients in the clinic on top of consults and getting in on surgeries and such. Glen's big in-service exam is this Saturday; it is really the only test he has each year but if he doesn't get a certain score they won't let him have his third week of vacation for the year. LAME...I know. But when does one study when you work crazy hours? Say a little prayer for him on Saturday morning!! Glen teaches the 12 year old Sunday School class at church and enjoys that.

Me: I seem to be consumed with my way too long to do list and all the other activities the kids and I have going on. I did finish my Christmas shopping weeks ago which feels so great! I teach our little co-op preschool the end of November and am also trying to plan Matthew's birthday party. Really, all I think about these days is meeting our sweet little boy who I am sure will not be super little....or at least it feels like it. 20 more days and Marty will be here. Glen's Mom is coming the first week of December and my parents come the next week. I am very grateful for all of the help! I feel so blessed this pregnancy has really been great for the most part. I was so worried before getting pregnant about all my health issues. At this stage of course I am not super comfortable but really I can't complain. I feel pretty good and still exercise at the gym some and things seem to be going smoothly.

Matthew: Is loving school and his friends but still loves coming home to play with his sister. He is enjoying learning to read but mostly talks about his classes like PE, music, and art. He is such a good boy and his teacher is just always telling me how she loves him and how good and sweet he is. She says that regardless of how crazy the kids might be sometimes she can always look at Matthew and know he is listening. He sure is good at muting me out though sometimes :) Somedays it seems him and Taylor only fight but overall they are so happy to see each other. Matthew turns 6 on November 21st and luckily he is off of school that day so it should be fun. Matthew finished soccer a few weeks back and really enjoyed it. He had to get a tooth pulled yesterday because a few months ago he hit his mouth on the wood floor and it slowly died and get infected so the tooth had to go. I am so thankful for Matthew and that he still loves to cuddle with his Mom.

Taylor: Is a firecracker and so very silly and we just love her. She can be a handful but is so fun. It has been fun being at home with just her but I do think she gets bored sometimes and can't wait for Matthew to get home. She loves her twice a week preschool and is really smart. She could do Matthew's homework and read some of his little books he brings home. She loves to sing and dance and pretend and loves her friends. She is very excited for her baby brother to come and has to kiss my belly in public a lot! Her and Matthew both get so excited when their Dad comes home. They get so excited that they can't even contain it. The other week Glen showed up to church right before the kids were going to go up for the primary program and Taylor says DADDY!!! She really doesn't have volume control; she is always loud. She is very affectionate and we love her!

2 comments:

Tayna said...

So fun to read about all you have been doing! I wish there was a picture of you big and pregnant!! I can't believe you have 20 days......it goes so fast when we don't see you!! Good Luck! Matthew is looking so much older to me. I am so glad he likes school!

Unknown said...

Dad and I just looked at all your lastest blogs and enjoyed it very much. It is so much fun to see and hear about what you're all doing. you all look great! Thanks so much for blogging. Can't wait to see you and baby Marty!