Thursday, November 29, 2012

Happy Birthday Matthew

 Matthew's birthday was on the 21st which was the day before Thanksgiving. He had to wear his birthday hat from school and the feather hat he made at school too for the picture. His police costume from Gram and Grandad was a huge hit; he didn't want to take it off all day. I told him a long time ago that we would let him have a party with friends since he never really has. I planned on lots of friends and doing a theme but as his birthday got closer and closer I saw it wasn't going to happen. I guess my excuse is that I am almost ready to have a baby. So I threw something together last minute and Matthew only asked for a few friends which was perfect. I am glad he seemed to have no expectations and was happy with a low key party. We did a lot of relays with balloons and here the kids were trying to pop them all. We sure love our Matthew man; I can't believe he is 6! Later in the day we met up with the Haucks at the park and tried out their rocket launcher. It was pretty amazing how high these rockets would go and Matthew stuck with it for a long time; he thought it was the greatest thing ever. It was a great day!



 I kind of suggested that Matthew didn't have to have a cake for his birthday and that he could have any dessert. Luckily, Matthew remembered I had a cheesecake for mine and said he wanted pumpkin cheesecake. PERFECT!!! Cake is good but other desserts are sure better don't you think? I have also decided that the cute kid cakes are just not my best talent so I will keep encouraging the kids to pick other things!

6 comments:

Joanne said...

So adorable! What a great birthday.

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

Happy birthday, Matthew! It really doesn't seem like 6 years ago that you just had him with finals to go and an internship to finish.

Loving all these new updates! Good luck with everything these next few weeks. Can't wait to hear!

Tayna said...

Happy Birthday Matthew!! I totally agree that cake is over rated! I like my kids to choose other things too...That way I don't have to attempt to decorate! He is getting so big!

Susy Harper said...

Matthew looks great in his police officer outfit! I'm glad that little boy had a fun birthday.

Susy Harper said...

How do I get my name here??

Susy Harper said...

How do I get my name here??