Yellow? I love this girl bedding, too bad I already bought a different one.
What about this pillow? I guess decorating is a hobby of mine, not that I have money to do it but I have been wanting to get some pillows for our couch that have a pattern. These would go with the other pillows we have great but I'm not sure about them. We would use Christmas money or I told Glen to just give them to me for my birthday and Christmas.
Green?I decided that I really want to paint some rooms in our house. The only thing is that we have to paint it back before we leave. Glen really doesn't want to do it but I have been trying to convince him. I told him I would do it all and he can just tend Matthew. Also, we are going to be here for 4 years so I think it would be worth it. Today I got some paint samples but it might take me forever to decide. I think I will start with Matthew's room. I think I will do it green or yellow so it will work for a boy and girl in case we have a girl while we are here. So if anyone has any advice on colors or anything please let me know.
12 comments:
I love that girls bedding! It makes me want to have girl so bad. If I can convince Justin for me to paint, maybe he can help with Glen!
I love all the pictures. Aren't the girl things cute?Where did you find those pillows? They are really great!
Don't you think it'd be sooo easy to decorate without a budget? Love the argyle room!
I dream of one day having my very own house to decorate and paint!! I love just wandering through Pottery Barn, etc looking for ideas. Since we can't paint our apartment here, I would seriously help you paint your's...if you convince Glen! I'm already signed up to help Lynds P with her painting job!! Let me know...I'm DEAD serious!!!! :)
I love the pictures you posted! I've found that a great way to help you decide on a wall color is by picking a painting or portrait that you want to be a focal point in the room and basing your color choices off of that. My friend did this for her baby room and chose the LDS painting called "Friends" (look it up on deseret bk's website) and then she chose a green from that. Anyway, I'm with you on the love of decorating but the lack of money thing! man! oh, just make sure the paint matches your carpet... ha ha (undertones)
I love all of it. I'm going to invite myself over soon to see your paint samples and what you've done so far. Isn't decorating so addicting? See you tomorrow? Denise
I love the pillows! I think you should go green for the room. Quincy and I are in the same boat. I want to paint, but he thinks its not necessary. I am trying to convince him. I was thinking green for the same reason. If we are still here and we have a girl, then its already a nuetral gender color. Plus I LOVE GREEN! Go for it!
You are just like you're Mom!! I say go for the painting, I really like the green in Heidi's room, green is good natural color.
Have a great day
yellow is my vote. However, the prospect of having to repaint anything I painted would probably stop me! when we finally leave the last thing I want to have to do is repaint the house! Obviously I am not a decorator! :) I would love to help if you do decide to paint.
Jill,
Frauke told me about your blog! It is so fun to see how you are doing. Good luck with the decorating. I am in the same situation. I would say definately paint. I lived in an unpainted apartment for the 1st 2 years of dental school and it was aweful. We just moved and the first thing we did was paint a few walls. It makes a huge difference. I love it now! Well, I hope you are doing well. I love looking at all your pics, Matthew is adorable. We have a blg too if you want to check it out. jeremyandhannahskinner.blogspot.com
Hannah
I love both those kids' rooms. However, it is unfair that magazine kids' rooms are always perfectly neat and organized. I wish they would show you that the room could still look cute when all the clothes from the dresser and toys from the toybox were dumped all over the floor. That would be a room I would invest in.
I think all your ideas are great! But I am wondering if the pillows are really what you want. I have been looking at them in the Pottery Barn magazine and they don't have any yellow in them and so they wouldn't match your yellow pillows. Sorry! I'm the only negative one! You sure have a lot of nice friends with fun comments and I'm sorry to be negative. I just want you to get the right ones. If you want something on the wall in the livingroom, maybe your friends advice would work here too-find a picture and match the paint/pillows to it. Wish I could help you paint!
Post a Comment