Wednesday, September 4, 2013

She is off...........July 16th

I saw a 2 year old on one of these balance bikes who was doing awesome and I decided we should get one for Marty when he was older. I found a lady selling one for 15 dollars so I couldn't resist. We brought it home and Taylor started trying it. She seemed too tall for it. We had tried twice without training wheels just briefly and it didn't click right away. I went inside to make dinner and Matthew and Taylor came in a little while later so excited wanting me to come watch. Taylor started on our slopped driveway and was lifting her feet off the ground to balance. She was doing great so I got out our old 12 inch bike to see if she could do it and it happened just like that. Glen pulled into the cove just as she started; it was fun for him to be surprised and see her. A few days later she seemed like a pro and now keeps up with Matthew pretty well and we have gone on family bike rides. YEAH!!! She now is on her 16 inch bike and doing awesome. I don't have a picture of her on that bike. I got an early birthday present; I bought a used bike and bike trailer so we are getting ready to start riding bikes to school. Taylor loves it and I just love seeing my kids achieve something and seeing them feel so happy makes me so happy!

 


2 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow you really are getting all caught up! It's fun to see pictures of all the things you did this summer. I laughed when you said going to the ymca is worth the 20 min drive. ours closest waterslide is Ross park! That bke is so cool, i want one for emma! way to go Taylor! I'm glad Matthew is liking this year in school. They sure seemed to have a fun kindergarten! Lots of dress up. Smart guy for sure with all his test results!

Katie said...

i love all the posts! i just love your family. thanks for blogging!