Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Branson May 2013

We had a fun trip to Branson Missouri with Glen's family the end of May. All of his family was there except his brother Jonathan and his family. Ana was about to have their baby girl so they were not able to come. The kids swam a lot, we went to Silver Dollar City amusement park, went on a river boat tour, played mini golf and just hung out. It was great and Branson is beautiful and surprised me with how much there is to do with kids......not just an older person place to go watch shows :)



Taylor, Benjamin and Matthew

I wished I had more pictures from Silver Dollar City. It was the cutest amusement park I have seen. It was right in the trees and had an old fashioned mining town theme to it. Matthew and Taylor knew we were going here way in advance and so we looked at all the rides and how tall you have to be online before we went. I only have pictures of the little kid rides which is where we should have started them out on. We started on a fast bumpy roller coaster ride that Taylor was just tall enough for. That definitely spooked Taylor from then on. Matthew had his mind made up that he was going to go on Outlaw Run which is something like the biggest wooden roller coaster that goes upside down (or something like that). After I went on it I wasn't so sure I wanted Matthew to do it. He watched us and he was determined to do it. Glen and I were so proud of him for being brave to go on it and other rides. Glen bought Matthew a Outlaw Run badge to pin to his shirt. Both of the kids talked about Silver Dollar City for weeks in detail after we got home.








Taylor, Kirstin, Daniel, Benjamin, and Matthew in jail


Uncle David and Matthew playing volleyball in the pool

The place we stayed was just beautiful and had a few different pools for the kids to play in


Aunt Lizzy helping Benjamin and Taylor do Karaoke by the pool

Matthew did a noodle race at the pool one day.

1 comment:

Katie said...

wow - that looks REALLY fun! I think I better start planning a trip there. :)