Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Finally Christmas pictures....and wedding post below

We had a great time in Michigan at Christmas and I just loved seeing how excited Matthew and Taylor were about everything we did. Since our trip to Myrtle Beach was canceled we found things to do in Detroit for the week we were all together. We went to the Detroit Institute of Art where Glen's Dad works, we went to the Detroit Science Center, and we went to a fun Chuck E Cheese type place with rides for the kids. The kids acted out the nativity and we sang songs on Christmas Eve and played a game after the kids were in bed. It was fun to spend time with Glen's family; all of his siblings are in Provo still so it was great to spend so much time with them. Dressing up like firemen at the science center

All ready for the planetarium video...Taylor looks scared.
Making stoplight cookies with the kids
This is a picture at our house when we were home for a few days before going back up to Michigan. We were watching a movie together and I was shocked to see Taylor asleep on the floor.....so cute!!! We have now said goodbye to the binky and she is now in a "big girl bed," that is a story for another day!
The brothers in their matching pajamas. We really should have gotten a picture of all the girls. I realized that I don't have a picture of myself at Christmas time. I wished we would have taken a family Christmas picture or something.....next year I guess. I don't have very many pictures of any of the girls in the family...Glen's sister Kirstin and my sister in laws Lizzy and Ana.
Matthew was excited to get more things to go with his bat cave; he was especially happy to get a bad guy (the joker)

These kids love play dough but don't love cleaning it up very much. We are working on that.
Taylor was so excited about every little thing in her stocking and everything else. She made Christmas so fun this year.
Matthew came away with a couple of flashlights and he loves all of them.
So excited to set out cookies and milk for Santa
We also sprinkled oats on the lawn for the reindeer.

Funny Uncle Jonathan who Matthew adores
Acting out the nativity. Matthew was a Shepherd, Taylor was Mary, and Benjamin was Joseph



6 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh you guys look like you had a great Christmas. I love all the pictures, can just feel the excitement of your kids. They look like they got lots of fun stuff too. Glad you were with family, but we missed you!

Tayna said...

Looks like it was a great Christmas! I want to learn how to make stoplight cookies, they look neat. You need to turn the camera over to Glen sometimes so we get to see you too!

Liz said...

Looks like a great time, and glad you got to see your parents when you came to Utah!
liz

Kenna said...

I'm totally with you on the playdough. Ugh, hate cleaning that stuff up. Your kids are getting so big!

Susy Harper said...

I'm so glad you had such a great Christmas with the Laus! You did so many fun things. I love the pictures of the kids and the playdough and dressed up for the nativity!

Jenny Lee said...

Jill, it's never to late to post Christmas. I'm always behind. It sure looked like you had a great Christmas. Your kids are so cute. They're at such fun ages. Enjoy every second.