We had a pretty good weekend not this last weekend but the one before. We were actually able to get outside a little which was nice for a change. On Friday we took the kids swimming at the Y and then let them run around the gym and play basketball. Earlier that day we went to the zoo which was a lot of fun. It had been quite awhile since we went to the zoo. I love going when you are almost the only people there. We spent a lot of time watching the gorillas and orangutans. Saturday we went to the downtown library (the first two pictures). Glen had a few days off before he started a new rotation and it was so nice to have him around all day. Taylor especially gets pretty clingy to Glen when he is around.
I taught preschool the last week in January and we learned about transportation. The kids had fun decorating their boats and then pretending in them; they even sunk a couple of times. Taylor loves preschool and wishes she could go every week with Matthew instead of just participating the weeks when I teach. She was actually really good this time and even stood up during our welcome song for her turn and sang the words. It was really cute!
This is a picture from match day; we found out at 9:00 and the kids woke up before 6 so Glen and the kids built this tower to pass the time.
YMCA family night....we watched How to Train A Dragon and ate popcorn. It was fun although Taylor preferred to dance instead of watch the movie.
This was back in the middle of January in Michigan for Jonathan and Ana's open house. We got together with some Lau family friends over Christmas and Matthew and Taylor loved playing with them. Matthew was so excited when he saw Rachel at the open house. I love how quickly kids can make friends. Matthew tells me a lot about a boy named Joseph that he plays with at the YMCA while I am exercising. He was really excited to tell me today that Joseph was there and they were lions and tigers.
At the zoo, there was a high of 32 degrees that day which Glen joked that it felt tropical. We have had a lot of snow recently which if it's going to be cold regardless, I'd rather see some pretty snow. I just want to be able to still drive and do things. We had one day where it was a level 3 snow emergency which means you are not allowed on the roads at all. It makes me laugh a little because I drove to school in high school in Idaho in much worse weather than we had all the time. Oh well....Glen didn't have to go to the hospital that day which was nice!
3 comments:
Taylor and Matthew are getting so big and old, it kills me! Their eyes are both such dark brown I love it so much. I'm glad you guys have been getting out even with the cold weather. That Library looks pretty fun, and I would love to live close to a ZOO! Their tower is pretty impressive, it's amazing what you can get done when you wake up at 6 am. ahhh!
What a fun post! Fun to see all the great things you have done. I am totally with you on the- if it's gonna be cold, it might as well be snowy. It's been cold here, and no snow. It feels pointless. I think the rest of the country are kinda wimps when it comes to snow. They've never experienced an Idaho blizzard. We are tougher because of it! So glad Glen has been able to be home more!
i loved how you made fun of the level 3 snow emergency. you would die with how people act here! this week it got into the low 30's. schools were cancelled, church events were cancelled, dave's school even started late... people were scared to death! yall seem so brave to me to go out and do things in that kind of weather.
Post a Comment