Monday, January 10, 2011

A little too early??

I know many of you might think I am crazy looking at this picture. We are not moving until June and it is only January. I have to say that I love packing which I know is kind of weird but I really enjoy it. I have been cleaning under my bed and all the closets in the house. It has been fun to throw things out and pack stuff away. It only made since to pack up all our holiday decorations that we won't use before we leave and pack up baby stuff and other things. Glen put the boxes out in our garage and now I have a little empty closet space instead of things falling out everywhere.

It's not that I am so sick of Toledo and ready to move because in reality Glen and I have loved it here. I am going to miss so many things about Toledo!! It has been a great place to raise our little family and we have so many great friends and memories here. We are very excited to move and discover a new place but it also will be hard to move too. 10 more days until we know; Glen informed me that it was 10 days from now this morning because I have been trying not to count. We have been so busy with other things that it actually has been going pretty fast. Some of you might be asking what if you stay in Toledo.....that is a possibility but we would be moving into a bigger place and better school district anyway so my packing will need to be done either way. We will let you know the morning of the 24th!! Taylor cried when we took the tree down. I usually am sad to take Christmas decorations down but I wasn't this year for some reason. I think I was just excited to get to pack it all away :)
Usually we leave our tree with lights on and all and just set it in our garage. It makes it so easy that way; it was such a pain to take all those lights off and try to cram it into a box.

5 comments:

Tayna said...

That is so cute that Taylor was so sad! I need you to come to my house and pretend I'm moving!! Always feels good to clean up and organize! I can't wait to find out where you will be going!

Ashley said...

I think you are smart, get a little done here and there and by June it won't seem like you have to do A TON! That's crazy you leave your tree up. We would never be able to do that in our garage, we need all the room possible.

Keriann said...

You know this post could have been written by me too. I have also packed a few things, but I do not have a garage to put them in, so our second bathroom off of James's room (which we never use anymore) has become a storage room. It is nice to have a little more room.

Last time we moved, I started packing in August and we didn't move until the end of April. I actually like to pack too. Jon told me this time I was not allowed to start packing so early. I can't help it! :) Nice to know I am not the only one that is this way.

natalie said...

Its never to early to get organized! I cannot wait to find out where you are going! I hope it's VA so we can finally see all your cute faces!

Susy Harper said...

Taylors face when you took the tree down about makes me cry! I know how she feels. I'm proud of you for packing and organizing. It does feel good, huh!