It snowed a lot a few weeks ago and we decided to go play outside even though it was getting dark. It was such a beautiful night and so quiet outside; we had such a fun time in the fluffy fluffy white stuff!!!
Matthew thought it would be fun to shake the bush by our back door and what he got was a surprise in the face.
Both Taylor and Matthew loved eating the snow. I can't believe they didn't complain about being cold. The bad thing about teaching Taylor the fun of eating snow is that everytime as we are walking to our garage to get in the car she bends down to take a lick of what is now an icy, dirty driveway where the snow is now more black than white. No matter how many times I tell her how gross it is she keeps on diving down to get a taste. 


We came in the house to have some hot chocolate with homemade marshmallows. I got the recipe from a friend's blog and they are really good. Glen likes to stick a few big squares in his cup and just let them melt to get a creamy marshmellow layer on top. These are vanilla flavored with a little yellow food coloring. Next I am going to make the peppermint ones!
5 comments:
Wow, lots of snow. That's so fun! We've been in high 50's. I feel like winters passed, but ours seemed to start sooner that yours too. Just think, this will probably be your last one with snow!
Love all the snow! I wish we had some. Those marshmellows look interesting. Are they easy to make? I wonder if they roast over a fire very well!
Looks like fun! I guess you better enjoy snow while you can. That's funny about Taylor always wanting to eat the snow.
WOW, look at all that snow! We got some random flurries this morning, but living in Texas for the last several years has made me such a wimp! I used to walk in stuff like this in Utah all the time, and now I feel like I can barely survive it! ...Happy for you guys that you know where you're going now! Congrats!! I can relate to how that feels after school....finally having a plan! It's wonderful. In answer to your question, I have a Sony alpha camera. Your family is so dang cute.
What a fun evening! I'm glad you had so much fun. I'd love to make those marshmellows. They look really good!
Post a Comment