Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Riding bikes and no training wheels!

The kids love riding bikes in our cove (cul-de-sac). Sometimes we go on the sidewalks around the neighborhood but riding around in the cove is quick and easier to watch them both. These pictures were taking a couple of weeks ago. Last Saturday (December 3rd) was such a beautiful day that I wanted Matthew to try to ride his bike without training wheels. I was determined to help him learn because I swear that I was riding a bike when I was three and Matthew is 5 so I thought it was time to try. The summer was so hot we didn't ride bikes much but we have more this fall/winter. Matthew caught on pretty quick and it was so exciting. He only likes to go straight though :) I planned on going out everyday after that but it has been raining non stop and has gotten pretty cold. Hopefully he doesn't forget how but he was so excited to show Glen when he got home. I will have to get some pictures and a video!!Taylor is such a goof and has some pretty funny faces!

3 comments:

Tayna said...

I love Matthews little crooked smile! So cute. Heidi still doesn't ride a bike without training wheels. Darin helped her one afternoon and she could do it, then the next day she got scared and was a little chicken. She hasn't done it since. So don't feel bad about Matthew. In time he will. It is such a great feeling for them though.

Ashley said...

That's so fun! We had Thomas going for awhile, but then moved here and it's like he forgot. I get too nervous to try it on the gravel. Perhaps next summer! Taylor is a goofball!

Joanne said...

They are so funny and so very cute!And you are an amazing photographer.