Since we have been sick at this house for awhile now we are having to find fun things to do indoors. Thanks to pinterest we have done many Christmas crafts and our latest....making ornaments. I found some plastic balls on sale and we poured paint inside and had fun shaking them to cover the whole ball. We also made glittered snow playdough and a snowman made out of marshmallows and pretzels with white paint for snow and real buttons. We have been doing a lot of painting, puzzles, games and reading Christmas books!! I am very ready to get out of the house a little more. On Monday we went for a drive and picked up some library books. When we got home I let them go outside for awhile because it was such a nice day. The great thing is the kids don't seem to mind staying in the house....well at least Matthew doesn't. Taylor always wants to go somewhere but Matthew thinks we have been having the greatest time and he is right. It is fun to slow down a little and just play. Matthew is doing really well now but Taylor is pretty yucky. Hopefully by Christmas Eve we won't be woken up by coughing all night; Glen and I could both use a lot more sleep! Yesterday we were all ready to go for a walk because it was over 60 degrees and we opened the garage to find it was pouring rain. I guess I should have looked outside first. So we got out camp chairs and sat in the garage and watched the rain. Last night we drove all around looking at Christmas lights. Why can't Christmas time last another couple of weeks?I got this tree skirt a few weeks ago at the pottery barn outlet for such a steal!! I can't believe I didn't know that there was a PB outlet until now. Below are my favorite new decorations for the tree this year.....the homeade ornaments, glittered pinecones, and wooden snowflakes. Glen's Mom gave me the snowflakes a few years ago but this year I finally put string on them and hung them on the tree. Also,a big thanks to Joanne for the beautifully wrapped presents she sent us. I put only those out for awhile because it looked so pretty with the tree. Our wrapping paper isn't as fancy and I don't do cute ribbons and things.
You sound like you are having a house full of sickness like us. Carter started it, then me, then Cohen and now Justin has it. I am just praying Jace get's away with not having it and that it's all gone by Christmas! Home made ornaments are the BEST! I'm glad to see you are keeping busy even if you are stuck in the house. And a Pottery Barn Outlet, that is reason alone to come and visit!
Oh wow Jill I'm impressed. Love all your fun projects and your ornaments look great. I hope you guys can get some sleep soon, and those kids will feel better.
You're always doing such great things with your kids, Jill! I love your ornaments...and I love pinterest, too! I hope you all get feeling better for Christmas! I had two little boys wake up with coughs and stuffy noses today...great!?!
6 comments:
You sound like you are having a house full of sickness like us. Carter started it, then me, then Cohen and now Justin has it. I am just praying Jace get's away with not having it and that it's all gone by Christmas! Home made ornaments are the BEST! I'm glad to see you are keeping busy even if you are stuck in the house. And a Pottery Barn Outlet, that is reason alone to come and visit!
Oh wow Jill I'm impressed. Love all your fun projects and your ornaments look great. I hope you guys can get some sleep soon, and those kids will feel better.
You're always doing such great things with your kids, Jill! I love your ornaments...and I love pinterest, too! I hope you all get feeling better for Christmas! I had two little boys wake up with coughs and stuffy noses today...great!?!
I need you to come here and do fun things with my kids too! You are so creative! Hope you all get feeling better. Only a couple more days!
Thank goodness for Pinterest to do some activities while sick inside the house. Hope you guys had a merry Christmas.
I love your new ornaments and your tree skirt!
Post a Comment