Friday, April 8, 2011

Trip to Tennessee

Glen and I had a great trip down to Tennessee and the 10 1/2 hour drive went by so fast without kids. It was fun to talk to Glen the whole time without being interrupted. I did really miss these two cuties though. Glen's parents were so great to watch the kids for us!! Glen had to get them Tennessee apparel even though I really do not love orange. We found the shirt and sweatshirt at Once Upon a Child so at least we didn't have to pay very much for them. It was a busy trip and we didn't do too much sight seeing because we spent most all of our time looking for a house....more on the house soon! I loved the town where we are going to be living called Bartlett; it is around 25 minutes from downtown Memphis. I also really like the southern accents and we made sure to get some good barbecue while there. I am excited to have at least 5 years to explore this new place. We stopped in Nashville to go to church on our way to Memphis. We had an hour before church started so we took a walk around Nashville. It was a fun place to see!
Here is a little comparison of the different type of music that we heard along the street in Nashville and Memphis. We enjoyed the music in Memphis a little more than in Nashville :)

MEMPHIS

NASHVILLE
I tried to get Glen to take a picture in front of every guitar or Elvis we saw in Nashville. It was fun to be nerdy tourists. I especially love that Glen had to point to each object he took a picture next to.
I took this picture mainly to show these beautiful trees...the purple ones and oh how I wish I had a nicer camera to capture everything. We saw these trees all along the freeway on our way to Memphis. It was just strange to see them line the road like that. It was fun to see things get greener and more spring like as we got further south. It is going to be so hot when we move in.





We had to go to the Gibson Guitar store for Glen; sadly one of these guitars does not fit into our residency budget.


See you again soon Memphis!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

All the pictures are so fun and downtown looks like there is a lot to do. You're gonna love it there, I know it.

Tayna said...

Looks like a fun trip! I bet Glen was in heaven with all the guitars around! Good think you don't live in Nashville, or you might have to start liking country music more :)

Lindsay said...

It was so fun to see you. Looks like you had a good time.

Let us know when you are planning to arrive and we'll come help you unload or take your kiddos so you can get some good unpacking done.