Monday, February 1, 2010

UPDATE: dancing, goals, February, health

We like to have dance parties at our house often. Whose invited? Usually the four of us but we sure have fun. I came home from a quick trip to the store to find this. I love these 3!!




January has flown by and I am optimistic about a quick February. I am not one to really wish for life to hurry on; I usually try to enjoy the everyday but I am already antsy for spring. Glen will be doing part of his surgery rotation in Lima Ohio during February and will come home on the weekends. For you phychos out there....don't even think about it, I have a security system now and a can of wasp spray (apparently it blinds you for awhile if sprayed in the eyes) Anyways, I actually think the month is going to be a good one. It's not like I saw Glen a lot the month of January. I do have a lot of things I want to work on this month while I will have lots of time in the evenings to myself. I have really dug into the scrapbooks and am going to be completely caught up before the weather is nice. Goal #1.....haha. I get a lot of satisfaction out of cleaning cupboards, closets, and getting rid of stuff we don't use anymore. Goal #2 Clean all closets and cupboards. I am already off to a good start. Goal #3 is a fun one; I want to take the kids swimming once a week. They love it and I love it too. We will continue to stay busy with walking group, preschool, playgroup, and visits to the zoo's indoor animals (aquarium and polar bears and others)Goal #4 is to get to the gym to workout.
This has been something very frustrating for me with the health issues I have been having, health issues I haven't talked about on the blog yet. So quickly for those of you who don't know. The end of October I started having tingling in my hands, feet, and legs. I also have a lot of pain in my feet when I walk. I get tired easily and just feel easily fatigued, especially in my arms. Holding Taylor for very long makes me tired and curling my hair makes my arm ache instantly. My hands feel a little awkward like they cramp us just holding a book. For a awhile my eye was a little blurry and my back and neck always feel sore. It all started within 30 minutes after getting the H1N1 vaccine which I am not sure if I think that is what caused this or not and doctors aren't sure either. I have seen the family doctor and seen the neurologist many times. I have had nerve tests, an MRI, and lots of blood tests. What have we found out........NOTHING. The doctors really do not know what is going on and have left things like that for now. I have really tried to be positive and hopeful and most of the time I am but some days are hard and I get down about it. I just want to be able to walk without hurting and do all the things I want to do. I am grateful though that things are not worse. For the first two weeks after I got this we were worried sick. The symptoms were so similar to what my Mom got a couple of years ago, Gillian Barre (made her not be able to walk within a week). That was the hardest couple weeks of my life thinking I might be in the hospital and not being able to take care and be with my kids. SO, I am grateful everyday that I can be with my kids and still do things with them. So we get by, day by day, things are not getting better but we are dealing and I try to just trust in my Heavenly Father and his timing.
So enough of that. Back to my last goal, I want to try to bike or do the elliptical; both will be less weight on my feet. I walked a few weeks ago at walking group and decided that I would just go for it and stay with the girls going fast. My feet hurt but it was okay and I thought I can do this. I was very excited until I got horrible crampy sharp pains in my feet that really made it hurt to walk. It lasted a couple of weeks and is just now feeling better. I attribute it to just overdoing it. I was frustrated but I want to exercise so i will try something else and just be happy about it. Hopefully I can do it; I know I can, I hope my feet can.

Enough words I know...... Kid updates to come later! Life is good.

10 comments:

Ashley said...

Dance parties are the best for sure. I am proud of you and your goals, it will definitely make February go by quickly I am sure. Hopefully it isn't too hard with Glen gone in the week. I am glad you got an alarm system. YOu make me laugh.

Tayna said...

Glad you got the wasp spray!! I wouldn't dare come to your house now :) Looks like you have lots to do to occupy your time. When your done, come on over and help me scrapbook.....I really need to. I should set me a goal, might help. I love the dancing pictures, I can just see it happening too. I sure hope your health can get figured out. Do you have very good shoes that you walk in? Maybe you should try some really good ones. Riding a bike shouldn't be too hard on the feet though, I hope it works out for you. Happy Feb!

Kent and Leisy said...

I love that you got wasp spray! so funny! and good luck with your upcoming month husbandless. February should go by fast- it's only 28 days :)

Julie Sacks said...

Jill, I know how much it sucks to not have your husband around, so call me any time. I would love to hang out or go swimming. And I go to the gym 3 times a week, we should meet up! Me and Renea do water aerobics on Fridays, that would be good to not hurt your feet :)

Jenny Lee said...

I loved the pictures of Glen and the kids. He's such a good dad. I hope this month goes by quickly for you. I'm proud of you for being so optimistic through all your pain and wanting to keep exercising and doing things. I keeep hoping and praying that it will all go away soon and you can feel great again. Love you.

natalie said...

I had no idea Jill! How incredibly frustrating. I love (and always have loved) your attitude and optimism. YOu are the best and you are strong. I hope the Dr's can figure out something soon. I am proud of you for pressing forward. Good luck without Glen. It sounds like you will be busy though! Love you, Jill!

Renae said...

Zach and I would love to have Matthew over to play, especially in Feb.! You are optimistic and it's contagious. Keep dancing!

Unknown said...

Jill! Are you pregnant? Because only pregnant women have that much drive to clean cupboards and scrapbook :) You are awesome and I admire you so much. You have a great attitude and a lot of faith. We'll keep hoping for the best and praying for you. Maybe you need some California sun??? Love ya,
Holly

Liz said...

I am so sorry that you are having problems with your health our bodies are a mystery right? Keep us updated..

I am so glad you got a security system. What kind did you get.. I have been tempted to get one too.
Liz

Susy Harper said...

You are such an amazing person. I am very proud of you. You do have an amazing attitude and are optimistic and always hopeful and happy. I'm so proud of you. I know Heavenly Father will bless you. You will get well soon. We have to trust in His timing. I loved the pictures of Glen dancing with the kids!