Friday, February 19, 2010

Spotlight: Matthew

After giving Matthew a bath awhile ago we had a few meltdowns. First of all I had his blue beach towel in the wash, how dare I. He eventually got over that but then he tried to put shorts on for bed. This was the biggest meltdown by far (Matthew is just a little picky and stubborn sometimes). He cried "I want it to be the summertime." I went on to tell him that I wish it was the summertime too. He FINALLY calmed down and very seriously said "Mom, Let's pour some hot chocolate on the clouds to make them go away, that will make it warm. Laughing I told him that was a great idea. He then said, "Do you think we need a rocket to get up there to the clouds?" Days later while driving he said "Mom, we forgot to pour hot chocolate in the sky." If only it was that easy to make it springtime. Matthew is always saying funny things that just crack us up. 3 year olds are the best, sometimes they can be the hardest but overall it is such a fun age.
Matthew is such a sweet boy. He will tell me at least daily, "Mom, you are cute and pretty and the best mommy in the whole world and I love you." Lately he has said let's lay on the couch and watch Olympics. He likes to snuggle up with a blanket with me. So fun! Matthew LOVES to jump......on the couch, on his trampoline, off the couch onto his trampoline, and the other day he called for me to come watch and as I came into the room I see him jumping off the fourth stair and it scared me half to death, mostly because I thought he would hit our bookshelf. He still loves to play pretend and likes building caves out of the furniture. He does like to build tall towers with his blocks but mostly likes to play with me or Taylor. Him and Taylor love to just run together from one end of the house to another. He is very picky about a lot of things; what he wears, what color of cup he gets, and even cares what Taylor wears and does. He will come home and change into his pajamas or will find a short sleeved shirt and shorts somewhere. I am excited for the summer because he won't want to change his clothes so much because he likes his summer clothes a LOT! Matthew loves playing with his friends and hid Dad. He is enjoying primary a lot and loves singing time especially. He likes to play baseball in our kitchen which is fairly safe except that he can hit the ball pretty hard sometimes so I have to watch my head. Matthew also loves preschool which has been so fun. Matthew is silly, happy, active, and sweet. We sure love him!

Matthew really wanted to try on Taylor's snow suit awhile ago. He thought it was pretty funny.






I know I have been slacking on the blog lately. I actually had this post half ready for about a month now. March should be a little less crazy at our house.

5 comments:

Tayna said...

What a cutie! He does say some great things. I love the hot chocolate on the clouds and that he remembered later! So cute! I can't wait for you guys to come this summer!

I can't believe how much Taylor is talking. That so cute. I love how you laugh while taking videos. You are a great Mom!!

Ashley said...

He's so funny. I know he has his crazy moments, but he fully makes up for them with all his sweetness towards you. He's looking old, I can't wait to see him again. Don't worry about not posting for a bit, you have a good excuse!!

brittani c. said...

Why haven't I thought of that before? Hot chocolate...how brilliant! Oh, how I wish that were true in order to warm things up here.

dockters said...

Jill, the hot chocolate is the best idea ever! Matthew is so cute. I'm so glad he's Sam's buddy! :)

Susy Harper said...

I loved all the sweet things you said about Matthew. He is a very special, sweet boy. I though it was so cute how he tells you what a cute, good mom you are! You really are.