Friday, February 5, 2010

SPOTLIGHT: Taylor

Taylor talking-16 months from Jill Lau on Vimeo.

AKA: Taylor Buggy
Chunky Monkey
My sweety (Matthew calls her this)
dolly
Taylor is now 16 months old and is full of life. She is such a joy to our family and seems to be growing up so much these days. Taylor is....

silly, happy, energetic, into everything, smiley, playful, loud, determined, giggly, a tease, and always on the go. She loves Matthew so much. They are either driving each other crazy or playing so well together. They will just run back and forth from end to end of the house just laughing. Sometimes I can't get them to eat dinner because they just are silly together and make each other laugh.

Taylor is talking a lot lately. My favorite is how she says Matthew; it is just so cute.

Taylor is going through a little separation anxiety right now but most of the time at home she will not let me hold her. She is a mover and always going....not a cuddle bug.

She is such a girl in certain ways........she already tries to put clothes on and my shoes, things Matthew did not do this early. She does love her balls and cars though. She plays with cars better than Matthew did.

Taylor climbs EVERYTHING and it drives me crazy. She moves those chairs in the picture below and gets on the table and walks up onto the counter. She climbs on top of the toilet and on our end tables. I can not safely leave her alone these days.

Taylor does not love to read books. Sometimes she will sit still for awhile if the books are short. So different from Matthew; he would sit forever and read books and still today I can read him tons of books in one sitting. I keep trying but this girl is just on the go. Just this morning I was reading them books and she was climbing all over me and trying to grab the book. Taylor can be loud and very stubborn or determined (whatever you want to call it) She is really good at saying no and mine and throwing fits.

Taylor can be a really good eater sometimes and sometimes be very picky. She usually eats more than Matthew these days.

Will when I ever be able to keep my house clean? As long as their happy and entertained I guess.

We went to the zoo a few weeks ago and Taylor fell asleep in the car. I came in the house and put her on the floor and she stayed asleep. CRAZY!! She has now done this a few times and Matthew usually wakes her up within 10 seconds. Oh well, it is usually lunch time anyway. Taylor loves her bed and will usually only sleep in her bed. Getting this girl to sleep on an airplane.....forget it.

Taylor is a sweetie; she gives us all hugs and kisses and wants to be right in the middle of all of us. We love you Taylor!

7 comments:

Loren said...

Those pictures are absolutely adorable! Taylor is a character!!
Love Joanne

Ashley said...

So cute, I feel like we are living the same life these days! ONce again, I wish we were closer. That picture of Taylor asleep could easily pass as a Matthew picture!!! HOly moly!

Jenny Lee said...

Jill! I don't know how I miss your blog sometimes. I think I keep up with them, but hey I'm trying. I can't believe how many words she can say. That's so fun when they start to talk. She's quite the character. I love the blue outfit. Holly forwarded me your email in response to the family reunion. Somehow I didn't get it from you. Holly and I were discussing possibly having on the 4th of July weekend. Let me know as soon as you can. Love you.

Susy Harper said...

Thanks for the update on Taylor Buggy, Chunky MOnkey, My Sweetie, Dolly! She is so darling! I just want to squeeze her! You are such a good mom. Your kids are so happy! I wish I could see them running from one end of the house to the other! Kids are so different aren't they. Everyone is blessed with different gifts, huh. I sure miss you all.

Julie Sacks said...

I can not believe that she is talking already! She is just growing up way too quick!

Raeanna said...

wow! I can't believe Talyor is so big! Our computer died and so it's been a while since I had a chance to check blogs. How adorable are your kids! So sad to hear about your health problems! We will pray for you! Good luck figuring it out!

Susy Harper said...

I loved the video of Taylor talking. She is awesome!