Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Playing

Matthew and Taylor wanted to play soccer and as soon as they got their shin guards on and shoes tied we realized we didn't have a soccer ball. Both soccer balls we have were in Glen's car with him. Oops.....so being the genious mom that I am I got out a basketball. Not so genious really but I couldn't even find some sort of bouncy ball. The kids did not seem to mind. They didn't last too long because of the heat and I went in even earlier; I am a wimp. We have not used our back yard very much this summer because it is so hot and the poison ivy issue (another story for another time). We have been spending a lot of time outside this summer in the water however!!

Dani and Daxton came over and they had fun dressing up. My friend Marie told me about these costumes at party city that were on sale for 5 dollars so I had to rush over and get one for Matthew and Taylor. I have another one for each of them for their birthdays.
 Glen finished his general surgery year and started Urology in July!!! He got all new white coats and so the kids played dress up in his old ones. Glen brought home all the other gear for them to play with and it was a huge hit.
 Taylor can be so girly at times and not at other times but oh does she love her ballerina dress.
 Matthew and Taylor decided they were having a dance and had to get all dressed up. After the dance was a bike ride in the cove. I don't know how Matthew survived wearing a sweater vest in 90 something degree weather. It made for a fancy bike ride I guess.

1 comment:

Susy Harper said...

I love all the pictures so much. Looks like you're having fun in your back yard (other post) Your pool is cool! The kids look so cute dressed up in the costumes and for the bike ride!