Sunday, October 23, 2011

Trip to Little Rock

We had a perfect little trip to Little Rock Arkansas back in September. I know Arkansas??? What is there to do there...well it was only a 2 1/2 hour drive and we found out there was a mountain there so we thought we would go and just stay one night. The town was nice and we had fun walking around along the river park. We walked across the bridge and the kids loved the submarine which happened to be the longest submarine ever built (we didn't go inside). We toured the Old State Capitol and took a trolley around the city. We went swimming in the hotel and the kids jumped on the beds and Glen and I watched House Hunters after the kids finally fell asleep. We also went out to eat which is something we rarely do so that was fun. The next day we went to the State Park and had so much fun hiking up the mountain. Matthew was so funny he got so into it. He called him and Taylor mountain climbers and was chanting things like "if we fall down....we don't care; mountain climbers are tough. They were both really tough and we made it almost to the very top. We stopped for a rest and Glen went up to the top which we were very close to. It was very steep and just huge boulders and we decided we didn't want to carry Taylor up and down. Matthew could have made it for sure but we pretended we were at the top for him. We were at a great lookout point so it felt like the top. What a fun short little trip!!
The "Little Rock"
Old State Capital

Along the river front they had fun things for the kids to do

Matthew took a picture of us; I was trying to hide my big cold sore.

Being in a hotel with these two is just so fun. They think it is the greatest thing and I love watching them have so much fun. There was two beds in our room but they insisted on sleeping on the fold out bed. They think it is the greatest to sleep together!
Playground at the state park. I think we might come here again. They had lots of different trails you could go on too.
You can see the trail turns very steep and rocky.
View from the topMatthew and I at "the top" watching the birds and I listened as Matthew was amazed how tiny everything was. "Mom, I could hold that house in my hand." Love this boy!

3 comments:

Tayna said...

Looks like such a fun get-away for you guys! Matthew has some killer camera skills!

Delaps said...

Nice that you have some family time. I have never visited Arkansa. I will have to check it out sometime.

Susy Harper said...

What a fun trip! I love how Matthew was such a brave mountain climber! I miss those kids so much. Thanks for the pictures.