Wednesday, July 20, 2011

New Places

Glen had the day off on Saturday and we headed out early to Shelby Farms. It is not really a farm but more of a big park (it used to be a farm). I have been missing the many metro parks that we had in Toledo so it was fun to see that there was something similar out here. It is huge and there are tons of lakes throughout it. The trail we went on was close to 3 miles but there is one (not paved) that is around 6 miles I think. The playground was amazing and the kids loved it. It was designed to be things you would really do in nature. I am not very good at describing it but there were a lot of swinging, climbing, and sliding things. The place is 15 minutes away so we won't be going there everyday but hopefully we will go there more in the fall when it isn't so HOT! We somehow hit a morning where the heat let up a little and the sun was hiding behind the clouds. The wire stuff in the background is going to eventually have vines growing all around it.

3 comments:

Susy Harper said...

I'm so glad you found that park! What a fun day!

Susy Harper said...

dad said he can't wait to go hiking in your park!

Jenny Lee said...

So fun! That park looks amazing. I sure wish Richfield had something like that. So glad you're having a good summer.