These are some pictures from playgroup a few weeks ago at Mud Island. It is a little island in the Mississippi River by downtown Memphis. We went along the river walk which is a model of the Mississippi river and shows the cities and states it runs through and then it goes into the Gulf of Mexico which is shown in the first two pictures here. Here is a link that explains it a lot better than I just did. It was a fun activity and the kids loved it. It was quite long and little Taylor kept up with Matthew and his new buddy Emmett pretty good. The weather was so nice the morning we went. It was overcast and not crazy hot; I think there might have even been a breeze!
Friday, July 1, 2011
Mud Island
These are some pictures from playgroup a few weeks ago at Mud Island. It is a little island in the Mississippi River by downtown Memphis. We went along the river walk which is a model of the Mississippi river and shows the cities and states it runs through and then it goes into the Gulf of Mexico which is shown in the first two pictures here. Here is a link that explains it a lot better than I just did. It was a fun activity and the kids loved it. It was quite long and little Taylor kept up with Matthew and his new buddy Emmett pretty good. The weather was so nice the morning we went. It was overcast and not crazy hot; I think there might have even been a breeze!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow Jill that looks like a really cool place. I'm glad that it wasn't too hot. You already have play groups. That's great. Talk to you soon.
You got some great shots of the island and of downtown. I never bring my camera anywhere...I need to start doing that.
Looks like lots of fun! Educational too. Sounds like you are all ajusting well!
It looks like you are having fun. i love your new home! Ellie says that she misses Matthew and Taylor and wants to come and play at Mud Island.
,..loiyte45i0-p-[=iloveyou.como8yvcvhjkolooijhgbjoikjjmmjbi jhnmm love Ellie
looks like a beautiful, educational spot! Glad you're having fun! Talk to you soon.
Post a Comment