Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Fun in the yard

These two will only be outside if they are in the water or have a popsicle and I don't blame them. It is hot!! They will usually go out in the evening time too when it has cooled down a little. Getting ready to hoe some weeds. It has been fun having a yard because the kids can learn to work outside (what I grew up doing). Matthew really likes it and we even found the frog the kids saw a few days ago. He seems to be living under the cement walk leading up to our front door. Part of the cement is chipped away and the frog fits perfectly in there. I asked the kids what they wanted to name the frog and Matthew said Scary. I asked him why and he told me,"because we scare the frog away and the frog scares you Mom." It is very true; I will be weeding and all of a sudden that frog jumps close by and scares me. I am glad it is a frog and not a mouse.

4 comments:

Tayna said...

What some cute kids! I can see them loving to hoe weeds! It's so good for kids. Fun swimming pool!

Jenny Lee said...

Cute story about the "Scary" frog. I can just see you jumping. It's fun to see Taylor wearing the girl's 4th of july dress. I sure loved those. Sure glad that you're enjoying your new place. I need to get my kids out weeding more. Good for you.

Ashley said...

We're home! I'm glad to get caught up on your posts. I love the place you went on your play group. That looks really awesome. And that's quite the group Glen will be working with. Taylor is looking so much older too. They're both such cute kids!

dockters said...

Your new yard looks so amazing and fun! Your kids are so grown up, too. We miss you guys, too! How is Glen's schedule?

And your post about Mud Island looks so cool. I know Sam and Max would love that place!