Monday, February 7, 2011

3 steps to becomming a big girl

1. Get rid of your binky (check)

2. Sleep in a toddler bed instead of your crib (check)

3. Learn how to go to the bathroom in the toilet and not your diaper (not even trying that yet)


We switched Taylor to a toddler bed last month and she was pretty excited. She was climbing out of her crib all the time anyway so I thought why not. We sent her Binkys away to the binky fairy not too long before switching beds. She has done pretty well overall; getting rid of the binky went much better than I thought it would. She was refusing to nap before the bed switch and is still not doing so well in that department. I think she is way too young to be giving up naps so I still try hard everyday. We usually have a couple of days a week where she will not nap. Glen made the princess crown (although we try to not go overboard with the princess thing). It was in an attempt to get her to want to sleep in her bed. Her and Matthew decided at one point they wanted to switch beds so I said sure. Then Matthew decided he wanted his old bed back and we had to convince Taylor that her bed was the coolest bed to get her to go back to it. Oh the things we do as parents. Now the next step to truly becoming a big girl is to be potty trained. I am not ready for that and I am not sure Taylor is either although she will tell me otherwise. That is a story for another day. We love this girl!



4 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh man, I am so glad that letting go of the pacifier went okay. And I can't believe her refusal for a nap. That's crazy, it does seem early, but I think this is about the age where we would fight to get Thomas to nap. I remember how much it would drive me nuts! Potty training goes so much smoother with girls, at least in my experience. I say go for it if she's saying she wants to!

Tayna said...

The crib/ bed looks really cute with the crown on it! She is such a fun girl! I bet she could get the hang of going to the potty pretty fast. Just think of all the money you will save not buying diapers!! You can do it Jill! You will be glad!

brittani c. said...

I loved this post. I hope teaching Taylor to use the toilet will be easy for you since I've heard girls pick it up faster than boys. :)

Susy Harper said...

Taylor is so darling! I'm glad she was OK for the binkies to to go to the binky fairy! How clever! Don't worry- potty training will go fast for her once she is ready1