Thursday, October 2, 2008

My little boy


They let me go see Matthew while I was in the hospital which was so nice. I missed him so bad and was worried about him and feeling bad that I couldn't be there to be with him. I just had to wear a lovely long sleeved gown so I wouldn't get any germs to take back to Taylor. He did so well in the hospital with the breathing treatments and everything. He did have an awful night there with very little sleep. Glen and his mom also got no sleep either. Taylor and I on the other hand did quite well that night. I started crying (of course) when I saw Matthew because he looked so cute in his little gown just walking around the halls of the hospital and playing with all the fun toys they had. It's a good thing they had a playroom because I don't know what he would have done being stuck in there all day. It looks like Matthew does have asthma and he has been on medicine and taking the breathing treatments throughout the day. He is so good about it. We have to do it during the night and he will just sit up and hold the little mask up to his face himself. We really are being blessed right now. I don't think we could handle Taylor waking up and Matthew also waking up and screaming. Matthew still coughs and sounds wheezy at times and I am just ready for the cough to go away. He is doing well besides being a little hyper. Poor Glen's mom who is really taking care of him these days. I think from everything going on he is just hyper and throws a few more tantrums than normal. He has been pretty good with Taylor for the most part. He is very interested in her and gives her hugs and kisses but he is starting to act a little more jealous. Today he was hitting both me and Taylor so I am a little worried when Glen's mom leaves and she isn't here to entertain him. A lady came down to my room while in the hospital to talk to me about asthma and pretty much it made me paranoid about everything. We don't really know what triggered Matthew but were pretty sure he is probably allergic to a few things. Taylor is doing pretty good for the most part. She sleeps a lot during the day which is good because sometimes she is not the happiest little thing when she is awake. It seems she has an upset, gassy tummy or something. She is very cute though and we are having a lot of fun with her. I just wish Glen could be around more right now but you really can't take time off from school. I am feeling really good besides the whole nursing business. I found out today I have mastitis which just feels great. But luckily I got right into the doctor and got an antibiotic today so hopefully it will clear up soon.




4 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh Jill, I hope that you start feeling better. I am sorry that you have mastitis, I hope you don't feel too achy, and flu like, and that the medicine will kick in quickly for you. What a crazy week it's been. I can't believe all that has happened in such a short time that Taylor has been alive! That picture of Matthew walking with Glen is so adorable. What a nice kids place though, I am glad that he is on the road to recovery. It's hard to keep a 2 year olds attention while nursing, or putting a baby to sleep. I know Matthew doesn't watch tv too much, but it's save me during those times so he doesn't interupt too bad. Glad for the update, I'm always wondering how things are going.

Cynthia said...

Ah, poor Matthew. He does look really cute in the hospital gown. And sorry about your mastitis. Hopefully everybody gets well soon!

Liz said...

Sorry that he is so sick, but good to know its asthma. Hope all is going well for you and Taylor now.

SHe is a very cute baby. I wish I was there to help you out too!
Liz

Susy Harper said...

I hope all is going well. I'm so sorry you got matitis and hope its clearing up. Matthew is so adorable in his little hospital gown it about made me cry. Hope he is doing well. I wish so much that I could be there to help you. I'm so thankful Joann could be there and know you are in good hands. Glad Holly will be coming soon, too. Taylor is beautiful! Love mom