Tuesday, October 21, 2008


Matthew is back in the hospital today. I think this fun little trip we had to Napolean might have set him off. We had a bad night the night before last and he got a lot worse yesterday even though we were doing his breathing treatments. He woke up last night and his breathing sounded horrible and he wouldn't calm down. Glen took him in last night and they should be coming home later tonight. I just hate that I can't be there with him. I hope this is the last time we have to do this. It's a little scary when he gets that bad. I think they will be giving us something else to give him so I hope it will help. Poor Glen....we are both sleep deprived from the other night (and every night really) but Glen didn't get much sleep the last two nights and had to miss school today to be in the hospital with Matthew. On a happier note, our little trip to the corn maze thing was a lot of fun. Matthew loved milking the fake cow and playing in the corn the most. It was a fun fall thing to do and fun to be out in the country. Taylor is doing pretty good. She has a hard time eating sometimes and we are wondering is she has a milk problem or something. She seems to be in pain a lot and her stomach gets really hard. She goes to the doctor soon for her 1 month check up so we'll see if there is anything we should try with her. She might just be a little like Matthew which I try to just handle and not get frustrated with. She doesn't cry near as much as he did and sleeps a lot more in the day but she is starting to pick up a little especially in the afternoon-evening. She is so beautiful though and we really are enjoying her. I don't want to sound too negative; things really are pretty good as long as we can get Matthew at least sleeping through the night and doing better. I am so grateful for my two beautiful kids and wouldn't trade them for anything.

5 comments:

Tayna said...

GOSH! I wish so bad I we lived close so I could help you out. Poor little Matthew, and you poor parents. What a tough time you are all going through. I hope things get better. Jewlee Steed's oldest boy has bad asthma. Maybe you could call her and get some pointers from another asthma Mom! I hope little Taylor's stomach can get better. I always feel so bad for them. Have you tried not having any dairy? I know that has worked for other people. That would be so hard for me though, but if it helps the poor baby. Good Luck! I wish I could help. We'll be praying for you all. Hopefully more sleep will come soon! We love you!

Liz said...

How sad. I hope they figure out Matthew soon, and get him some great help. So sad you are sleep deprived Wish I was there to help. Taylor is so cute, and I love her hair!
liz

natalie said...

Wow Jill! There is so much going on in your little family! I am so sorry that Matthew is not well. How do you stay so positive? Seriously! You amaze me. Your children are so lucky to have such an optimistic mommy. You are wonderful and I wish I could be there to meet little Taylor!

Julie Sacks said...

I am taking Matthew for you when you go to your dr appointment for Taylor. I'm sure it's harder with two kids. I hate to hear that Matthew is having a hard time breathing, thank goodness for modern day medicine right?! Please let me know if there is anything I can do, remember we are only a min a way and you can drop the kids off anytime!

Raeanna said...

I am so sorry about Matthew! It must be so worrisome to have children have to go to the hospital...Your kids are beautiful though! Good luck figuring out Taylor's stomach problems.