Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I love you mom!

Don't look at me in this picture!! This is one of the only pictures of my mom that I could find on the computer.
Mother's Day was a little bittersweet as I was really wishing I could be with my mom. She is such an amazing, energetic, and fun person. She has taught me so much and is always there for me. Sadly my mom has been in the hospital for quite a few weeks now. One week her hands and feet started feeling tingly and numb and it continually got worse to where it was hard to walk. They took her into the hospital in Salt Lake and found out she has Guillain Barre syndrome. I have been an emotional mess at times because this was such a random thing and I couldn't believe it could happen to my beautiful, active, and young mom. They are treating it now but she can't walk, although she has a little with the help of a walker, which is progress. She will get better, but we don't know how long it will take for her to walk. She has been so positive and I'm sure I would not be as positive if it was me stuck in the hospital that long. My Dad has been going back and forth from Idaho to Salt Lake to see her but I just wish I could be there and hang out with her every day. She is such an amazing woman. I feel so bad that she has had to miss many of my brother Jonathan's final activities as a senior in high school; his track meets, seminary graduation, etc. I love you mom and can't wait to see you in July!! You are such an amazing example to me and I am thinking about you and praying for you always!

7 comments:

Liz said...

We have been thinking about your mom and praying for her. I hope she has something to keep her entertained in the hospital
Let her know we are thinking of her. Happy Mothers Day to you, and your mom and sisters
liz

dockters said...

Jill, I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I am so glad that you get to go to Utah and see her in a couple of months. Hang in there and know I'm thinking about you!

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear about your mom but she sounds like a wonderful person and such a trooper!! I hope that she is able to recover soon! I also hope that you are able to find comfort!!
PS we are making our blog private so if you want to comment me your email address so that I can send you an invite that would be great ;)

natalie said...

That is really sad about your mom. We will keep her in our prayers! I miss you Jill! Hope you are feeling well! Love you!

natalie said...

P.S. WE TOTALLY HAVE THE SAME COLORS ON OUR BLOGS!!! Great minds think alike! That is hilarious!

brittani c. said...

I hope your mom is able to get through this. She has a strong family to help her through this difficulty...I'm sure it is so hard to be so far away and that you can't be there (I know how that is!)

Susy Harper said...

Jilly, thank you so much for all the kind words, dad and I are having FHE at the internet site at the hospital. We just read all the nice things you said about me. Thank you so much! Don't worry about us, we are getting through it OK. The doctors are going to figure this out soon. Our Heavenly Father is comforting us because of all the prayers from the family and many others.
Much Love, MOM