Dutailer brand
Sorry, no pictures this time. I am trying to not take quite so many pictures or at least print them out so I don't have to scrapbook sooo many. I figure Matthew is one and I don't need to take pictures of every little funny face or funny thing he does. I have not even started his scrapbook or gotten caught up with mine. That is one of my goals this winter, we'll see how it goes. I do have a question to anyone who wishes to comment. With some Christmas money I have been wanting to buy a rocker/glider/something. I have been looking around at babies r us and other places. The price range really varies. I got advice to not get the wooden glider type that are not very wide because while nursing or whatever the babies head bangs into the arm rests. So I have been looking at the more chair looking rockers but they are quite expensive. I found my favorite brand, Dutailer, which makes a wide wooden glider (super comfy) and the cute rocker chairs. They are expensive but it really might be worth it if the cheap ones will fall apart. Give me your advice please!!!!
6 comments:
I really really want a glider for the next baby. you'll have to tell me what you think after you've gotten one! My advice would be to go for a middle price one. The really expensive can't be that much better, but you probably don't want a super cheap one! although that's probably what I'll end up with :)
I love my wooden one. I use a boppy and Cohen's head never hits the side, and he is a long kid. Plus the sides are padded good too. When you come over next week to drop off Matthew, feel free to rock in mine.
hey Jill! I have a glider and I love it. It's not even the wide one, and it's just fine. It works well, because I can rest my arm on it with Stone's head there while nursing--and the boppy fits in just fine, too. I really like the chair ones, too--I thought about getting one, but I thought it might be a pain to keep clean! Good luck!
My mother-in-law got me a Lazy-Boy from the RC Willey outlet when I had Olivia. I'll admit, they're ugly, but there is nothing nicer than a big comfy rocking chair with a cranky baby in the middle of the night. We can both fall asleep. I've never had a glider, but I've used several, and I don't like them nearly as well.
I had always wanted a glider too. We got a free one from a friend. A wooden no frills one. I did not like it. It was not very comfy for those late night feedings or any feedings for that matter. It was too crowded and just not what I envisioned. When we moved here the Webers let us borrow theirs. It is probably a middle of the road or higher priced one. It can recline a little and the arms are padded. I loved it! It was so much better than our other one. I loved it so much I will probably buy one when the Webers move and take this one.
We have a wooden one which I have never thought was comfortable for nursing a baby. I think it was about $300 10 years ago (after Rylee was born). But I would go more expensive than cheaper because ours is still like new...now problems. My advice if you are going to get a glider...get the footstool and get one with padded arms.
Post a Comment