Thursday, January 31, 2008

Feeling old

I need to vent a little today about something that is driving me crazy. I have had bad knees for a long time but they have gotten worse since this last summer. It hurts really bad to bend down, go up and down the stairs, sit in a chair, and just bend my knee. I really don't know what it is and I need to go get an x-ray. Today it was really bad and I had to limp to walk, so no walking group........sad because I love walking group. We usually walk around 3 miles and it feels great. So it has just been really annoying because sometimes it is bad enough that I can't exercise and that makes me very very sad/mad/ect. It comes and goes which really makes me wonder what it could be. I'm only 23, too young to have such problems right??

7 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

jill, I am so sorry. that is lame-o. my sis had knee problems and she got steroid injections and it helped immensely. we missed you this morning!

brittani c. said...

Oh yeah, 23 is when I started to feel old too. Just you wait until you reach the age when you're closer to 30 instead of 20. It was depressing.

Ashley said...

I hope that you can get into the doctor soon and figure out what's wrong. I'm sorry you missed your walking group too. Do you walk indoors? Let us know what helps with your knees, Nolans an old man when it comes to aches and pains too:-)

Tayna said...

Jilly, I'm so sorry! There has to be something that can help them. Have you seen a doctor? It's probably arthritis. Does it change with the weather? You are such an active girl that it would be totally depressing not to be able to excercise and dance. That stinks. We will pray for you. Heidi loves to look at your blog and look at Matthew, she even says his name on her own. You do a great job! Thanks again for helping me pick out fabric for the quilt, I love it!

Cynthia said...

I was wondering where you were this morning. No fun! Hopefully you are feeling up to walking next week.

natalie said...

Ah I am sure that is so frustrating. I know how much you love to exercise, but when it hurts to stand up and sit down, I am sure that is even extra frustrating! I hope you get some answers soon!

Kent and Leisy said...

jill, I have the book for book club in february, do you need it?