Sunday, December 1, 2013

Taylor turns 5!

Taylor turned 5 on September 26th and we had a fun party with some of her friends. She really wanted to invite two boys but one was in school and the other is out of the country for a few more months. It will probably be our last big party. I think we will just invite a few friends over from now on. Matthew just had one friend over for his birthday and some years we just do a family party which is great too. We had a lot of fun though playing games, being very silly, and eating cake and ice cream. It was a happy day for my happy Taylor. I can't believe she is 5; time is going too fast. It is fun to still have her home with me this year except for those couple of mornings a week at preschool.  I do not make fancy kid birthday cakes so I was happy when we decided to go with a rainbow theme and found this cake. It really wasn't hard and it turned out great!





I was sad this picture was so dark. From left to right: Olivia, Melynn, Jasmine, Taylor, Charlotte, Sally, and Mariah.





Taylor telling some very animated stories.
Celebrating a second time with her brothers. Glen has been on call all of our birthdays this year so far. Marty's birthday is on Wednesday though and he isn't on call. He might not make it home before Marty is asleep though. We will see! July through November of this year was not too bad but since November started work for Glen has been pretty busy. I think we get used to it though and we sure enjoy being with him when we do see him. He got home after Matthew was in bed on his birthday but we celebrated a little more on the weekend when Glen was home.

6 comments:

Joanne said...

WOW!!! Oh Jill! What a cake, and what a joyful 5 year old! The party pictures are cute, cute, cute! Such a lovely way to preserve a moment in time. Thank you. Joanne

Ashley said...

Oh man I think that cake qualifies as fancy!!! Looks at all those layers. I love it. She looks so happy, and I love the paper table mat that they can draw on. You are so fun. Boo for glens work schedule!

Kent and Leisy said...

that's a pretty amazing cake!! and taylor's hair is so long!! I can't believe she's FIVE!

Julie Sacks said...

That cake turned out so cute! I can't believe Taylor is 5 either. I know I could just keep Jace home for forever and never send him to school, esp for Carter, he will be lonely! Taylor sure is a beautiful girl.

Lyndsay said...

That cake is amazing!! You're the first normal person I've seen pull it off! What a fantastic mom!

kate said...

so glad i got to see this since i was in utah and didn't get to drop olivia off. it looks like a total blast and that cake is awesome! such cute girlies. you can email me that picture if you want and i will brighten it up for you and send it back. :) all the pictures are so happy and cute!