Tuesday, Dec. 4th was Marty's Birthday, here's how it all went down:
Beautiful Jill, all ready to go. Isn't it amazing how she wakes up all put-together like that?
Here's a thumbs up shot for Taylor. (it's Taylor's new thing) Jill was ready to get this baby out!
Before we knew it, Jill had spinal anesthesia (that worked this time!) and we heard a new, LOUD voice. Here he is in all his glory, all 8 lbs of it.
Here he is with Mom and Dad, all wrapped up. It's probably good that they can't see well at first. The blue hair and masks on everyone would definitely freak me out...
Look at all of that hair!
Here he is with Dad,who was still well-rested at that point.
Matthew came straight from school to see his new brother, he was really happy and wanted to have the longest turn holding the baby. He did pretty well and only needed a bit of help to keep Marty's head up.
Here was the most excited person in the place all day (at least the most outwardly excited). Taylor had been making up songs for Marty all day and finally got to sing them to him. I think one had to do with his halloween costume next, year. What a great big sister!
Marty even woke up to see everybody! I'm sure it was hard to sleep with all of the excitement in the room!
Looking up at Mommy. She's the best to look at with the dark hair and eyes. Dad is just a blonde-white blur that doesn't seem to help out at all when he's hungry and makes him cold during diaper changes.
There is Marty with his proud Gram. We don't know how we'd make it without her help.
Matthew found some new toys in the hospital. Look at that set of lungs! Dad needs to take him to the hospital to show the post-op patients how to deep-breathe.
Pretty happy about his snazzy new socks.
A rare moment where he's not hungry, needing a diaper change or crying. What a cute guy!
We are so happy to have Marty in our family! We love him so much already. Thanks to everyone who did all the little and big things to help get him here in the last 9 months. To everyone who watched the kids during appointments, gave encouraging phone calls, brought a meal when Jill didn't even ask for it and helped out in any other way I am currently forgetting, Thank you so much!
15 comments:
congrats on the baby! he looks like a Lau! good luck with the next few months :)
he is just so wonderful you guys! so glad everything went well. and really great pictures of all the fun. :)
He's beautiful!! Congratulations!!!
Love the black and white socks and reading more about the day. Sounds so perfect, and Taylor makes me laugh with her made up songs. She and Grace are just alike :-) Hope things are continuing to go well in the hospital!
He is ADORABLE! CONGRATS!
He looks so perfect! I love seeing all the pictures. Our kids think Jill looks TONS like Grandma Susy! I love that Taylor sings him songs.....she will make a wonderful helper :) So fun!
Congratulations! I love seeing your kids hold that brand new baby brother. Jill--so glad that anesthesia worked out this time. Andrew has been considering doing a fellowship in OB anesthesia...among many things. He has enjoyed his experiences with C-sections.
Enjoy that baby and have a merry, merry Christmas. You have a good reason to snuggle inside this holiday! xoxo.
What an adorable little guy =) Congratulations! We're so excited for you. Hope the recovery is fast Jill.
I know it's probably just because I have known what his name would be for a while, be he TOTALLY looks like a Marty! And maybe I am not remembering real well, but I think he totally has a different look. Marty is so very adorable. I hope yall are getting some rest! Congrats again!!!
wow! he was born on the best day... marty shares a b day with jace! i think he totally looks like glen. what a sweet family!
He is handsome!!!Congratulations Jill and Glen, Matthew and Taylor!And Jill you look so good before and after delivery!! We love all the pictures and are so happy to have Marty in our family too. Thanks for posting them. We can hardly wait to come see you all!
Congratulations Jill and family!! Such a great post. Made me laugh and cry. Such a sweet little babe!
Such a cutie pie!! Seriously Jill--how do you look so dang cute on your way to deliver a baby! It's just not fair!
I am so behind! Congrats on baby Marty! He is so sweet and so wonderful. Jill, you win for being the most beautiful person through any stage of pregnancy and especially afterwards! You are so beautiful! We miss you guys terribly! Hope you are all resting :) Recover fast, Jill. My third was by far the best and fastest recovery and I hope that means something good for you too :)
Congrats on your new little Marty! He looks so adorable! I hope you are all adjusting well and getting some sleep!!! We are so happy for you!
Post a Comment