
Hello!! I know it seems like we fell off the face of the earth because I haven't blogged and really haven't answered my phone either for awhile......but we are alive and well and adjusting to this new place. Graduation went well and the move itself went well too. A lot of Glen's family was able to come for Graduation as did my Mom and Dad and brother Jonathan. You can now call Glen Doctor Lau!! I am sure he would prefer to be called Glen though! I am so proud of him; he has worked so hard to get to where he is now! My parents and Jonathan helped us make the move to Memphis and my Mom stayed about a week and was so great to get us all unpacked and the house decorated. It was so fun to have her here with us! Not everything has been smooth sailing though; both of our cars stopped working and we had to have them towed to be fixed...one of them cost us a ton and the other luckily was not anything major at all. We have had a few issues with our house and still are without some of the wood floors but thankfully we are renting and are not the ones paying to fix things. We do love our new home so much! We also spent hours and hours at the DMV trying to get Tennessee drivers licences; I am still without one. Overall things are going well. It is SUPER HOT but we are trying our best to stay cool. There are no city pools around here; it is crazy I know. We have been to a splash park and the kids play a lot in our blow up pool and in the sprinklers.

The kids decided to put pillows in their pajamas and kept running into each other over and over. They were laughing so hard; Taylor was pretty tough considering how much she fell over. She was like a little sumo wrestler and had trouble getting off her back when she would fall over. We did hit up a good barbecue restaurant while my family was here.

Playing catch with Uncle Johnny
Our yard has been so nice; it is so private and backs up to forest. We did walk into it one day and you can go quite far before you run into another yard.

I love this picture because everyone looks so happy. I believe they were watching something on Youtube.

We went to our favorite Swan Creek Park in Toledo the night my family got there; the weather was beautiful. I do miss Toledo!! I held in my emotions pretty well for most of the time because things were so busy and we were hurrying so quick. I started balling as we were almost onto the freeway leaving Toledo. I sure loved it and all of our great friends. Change is hard but it is good too. We have already met lots of people and had dinner a few couples in the ward and have been going to playgroups and things. I think we are going to love it here.


A couple of weeks before we moved at Wildwood park.

Our back yard in Toledo :) We had a lot of fun back there! The kids now ride their bikes around our cove (cul-de-sac) and on the sidewalks too.

The kids are adjusting although Matthew has been a little difficult and extremely shy but he is getting some friends and they both seem happy.
5 Things we miss about Toledo (there are more but these are just a few off the top of my head)
1. our friends of course
2. Meijer (our grocery store) Taylor keeps asking to go there and doesn't understand why there isn't one out here. They would give the kids a cookie when we would go there.
3. The big and beautiful metro parks with walking trails
4. The YMCA (it was so cheap and we had a great pool to go to all summer long)
5. We missed out on the nice spring weather
5 Things we are loving about Memphis
1. our HOUSE...a designated playroom, a office, our own bathroom, and a big yard
2. our ward (all of the people were so friendly) The Temple is in the same parking lot as the ward building and is just a few minutes from our house
3. Southern Hospitality (it really exists) We bought something from a furniture store and the lady who helped us gave me two hugs by the time we left
4.The Zoo was amazing (pictures coming soon)
5. Great neighbors (the ones in our cove) They are all older and super nice. The one lady has brought us dinner one night and a yummy treat another day. Our neighborhood is great and I feel really safe here!!
4 comments:
glad to hear you guys are well! that is ROTTEN about your cars, though! Zeb loved seeing these blog pictures of matthew- and he misses him terribly! and we all still miss toledo like crazy too- but we do still have meijer here and I'm so happy about that!
I'm so glad you are surviving!! Sounds like the move and everything went really good. Sorry to hear about your cars, I hate car repairs. I bet you are loving your backyard! (except the heat) Your Mom told us how beautiful it was there and your super awesome neighbor! I'm so glad you feel safe there! That is worth a lot! Keep smiling!
Oh my gosh, I totally thought that was Nolan! They look so much alike. Glad you made it safe! And awesome back yard!
Memphis sounds great. You're starting a new part of your lives and there's bound to be some bumps on the road, but the direction you're heading it what matters, and who you're with. We miss you guys! If ever we're in the area...
Post a Comment