Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Favorite Spot

This is maybe my favorite room in our new house. It is finally all finished and I love it. It really didn't take too long but the wood floors had to be replaced because the fridge had leaked and caused some of the boards to get warped (so happy we are just renting it). It took longer than expected because they had to order more wood. They have been fixing up one of the bathrooms and doing a few other things so I am so glad to not have guys in the house fixing things all day and showing up early in the morning without notice.
Anyways, back to the room! My Mom stayed a week which was so nice and she really
helped us unpack and decorate. It was so fun to have her here!! We painted this room (the top half), we left the blue on the bottom. The top used to be yellow and they had a carpet rug covering all of the floors (the people living in it before used it as a playroom). So it was fun to see the big transformation; it will be used as our TV room. This is the room you see to your left just as you walk in the house and is right next to the kitchen and living room. We also painted the kids room which I love too. All the colors in our house are very "cool" (as in not warm colors)......grey, blue, white, chocolate froth (the color in this room :). It works with the beach feel that I am going for. Mom, do these pillows work or not?

6 comments:

dockters said...

I love it, Jill! I've always loved your style! It's so fun to hear that things are going well with your move, etc. Has Glen started work yet? Your zoo looks so amazing, too. We'll have to make a trip there!!!

Ashley said...

Oh it does looks so great, I love the colors and the couch looks awesome. You're a great decorator, very clean, cool feeling!

Tayna said...

Looks amazing! You have your Mom's talent at decorating!

Susy Harper said...

I'm so happy to see the completed room! It looks perfect! I really like your couch and I think the pillows look darling! I really love the whole thing. It came together perfect! I'll bet you are really enjoying the calmness of the room (verses a playroom there)

Crystal said...

LOVE it! Jill you have always had a way with decorating! I think that would be my favorite spot too! Looks great!

Jenny Lee said...

So great Jill! I love the all the colors and the dark wood floor. It looks so refreshing and clean. I'm so sorry I haven't looked on blogs forever. I'm terrible. It sure looks like you've been busy and are enjoying Memphis!