Saturday, June 25, 2011

Our new zoo!!

The Memphis Zoo is amazing! We got there right when it opened and it felt like we were there alone at certain spots. Some of the animals we were able to see so close up so that was a lot of fun. The landscaping is just amazing and seems like you are in a jungle. It is also very themed which made it fun. They had an area that looked like China where the panda bears were and an area made to look just like the Teton mountains/Yellowstone and Old Faithful. The kids really liked running through the fountains. We didn't quite see all of it but we got a season pass so we will have a lot of time to check it out.

7 comments:

Tayna said...

Oh Wow! What fun! Polar bears are my favorite, and there are other bears too! That will be so fun for something to do. This summer I bet you get in the splash place too, looks refreshing! Makes me want to come and visit!

Emilee said...

Yay for new zoos! I always love exploring a new zoo, and it looks like you guys have an awesome one.

Ashley said...

I can't believe the splash park, that looks so fun! And all the closeup pictures of the animals are amazing. I can't believe how close you get to them. I also love your post before. So many good pictures with your family and I'm so sorry for the car and house problems. Makes like super stressful for sure! I HATE THE DMV> I don't think I am going to get an ID license until mine expires, whether of not it's the law:-)

Susy Harper said...

the zoo looks wonderful! When I come back we'll have to go there. I had so much fun being with you and helping you get settled. Your house is so cute! I miss you all!

Renae said...

That's awesome!! The splash park is in the zoo? Hands down, your's wins!

Delaps said...

Jill, I miss you and your family. I am glad that you guys are settling in and enjoying the southern hospitality.

Julie Sacks said...

Wow, that does look like a great Zoo! We have done nothing recreational except swim in my sister's pool. We are just too crazy busy trying to get our house in order. I need to call you soon, I have so much I want to tell you and plus I just miss you and the girls of Toledo terribly!!!