Wednesday, June 29, 2011

the next 5 years

Here are some of the people Glen will be spending a lot of time with the next five years. His first year is spent doing general surgery so he actually won't be spending a lot of time with these people until next year when he starts urology. The first picture is of all of the residents and the bottom picture is with some of the attending doctors as well. This was a dinner for the graduating 5th year residents. We also went to a party the week before at the chairman's house which was pretty fun. They have an amazing back yard with a pool and had a band there too. The two girls you see in the picture are the other incoming residents with Glen. I think it is pretty funny that there were no girls until now and they happen to be all in Glen's year. Glen has been having orientation and officially starts on Friday and is on call on Saturday. Here we go!!

4 comments:

Tayna said...

I can't believe I have a brother in law who is a DOCTOR! I just got a mental picture. He looks great as a doctor! I'm so excited for him/ and you to be moving forward! I'm sure he will love it.

L said...

Michael's brother is in his 3rd year of his Urology residency in Charlston, West Virgina. Let me know if he ever wants to chat with him or his contact info! :)

Susy Harper said...

looks like a great group. You will get to know them well and have lots of fun times! Good luck tomorrow, Doctor Lau!

Jenny Lee said...

Dr. Lau! It seems so crazy still. I laughed about what you said on facebook about his first day. It sounds like he's in for a big adventure. Hopefully he'll survive all the really gross stuff. I'm so happy for you guys. Seeing all your pictures makes me want to come out there so bad.