Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hard to stay awake

Taylor falls asleep quite often on the drive home from church on Sundays. That does not surprise me considering church starts at 1:00. What surprises me is that she sometimes will stay asleep when I bring her into the house and lay her on our kitchen floor. I guess since I find it so surprising I usually have to take a picture. I thought I had more than these but I can't find them. I hope we have 9:00 church when we move to Memphis!
These pictures were after we got back from the zoo a few weeks ago. I even bought them a hamburger from McDonalds on the way home to try and keep them awake. The crazy thing is that they stayed asleep like this for an hour. I put their hamburgers in the fridge and ate the fries myself that I would have shared with them. Matthew remembered I bought fries and was not too happy when he woke up to find out they were gone. You can't waste hot fries especially when you rarely buy them!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

That is so sweet. I love sleeping babes! We have 11:30 church, but since we get home at 3:00 I still by pass the nap, so it's her day off of naps once a week. Early church is the best.

Tayna said...

Cute pictures! I love the shoe falling off, and how in the world did Matthew sleep an hour in that position!! I love it when kids sleep! They tend to sleep more. Heidi was looking at your blog and playing the videos...over and over. I miss you Jill! I love your voice and your awesome little laugh that you do all the time. You are always laughing at your kids. You inspire me today, to laugh more with my kids.
Have a great day!

Delaps said...

These pictures make me laugh. They are out!

Susy Harper said...

kids are so lucky that they can fall asleep so easily! Very cute pictures!!