Monday, October 4, 2010
This afternoon/evening was one of those times when you are thinking, "two children is enough" or at the time two is two too many. I'll spare the details but lets just say it involved piles and piles of stuff, lots of poo everywhere, and valuables broken after being thrown down the stairs. Glen got home and after taking many of the kids toys out to garage I took off to do something. First stop Mcdonalds for a double cheeseburger (I know Mcdonalds?, I had a pounding headache and was starving and it is close) Then the next hour or so included listening to rap/hip hop music loudly in the car, going to the library and finding all sorts of fun books and movies for MYSELF, not the kids, getting the new pumpkin pie blizzard, and getting a little fresh fall air. That blizzard was AMAZING!!! I am now feeling much better. Onto a better day tomorrow with my two beautiful kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Oh no! I'm so sorry. I hate days like that, and any incident that involves poo is one incident too many. I'm glad you got some time to yourself.
My thoughts exactly, Jill! Two is plenty for me, and I still don't know what I'm doing. I think I'm going to search for that pumpkin pie blizzard.
Oh yeah I hear you on the pumpkin blizzard. Buy one get one free with the coupon right? Haha, gotta love being in the blizzard fan club! I'm sorry it was such a rough day. You have me wondering what in the world was happening though for sure! Glad Glen was around to take things off your hands, and sounds like a good night to yourself.
Good for you to take a night for yourself!!! I think we need those occasionally (or more than occasionally, haha). Sorry to hear you had a rough day. Hang in there! AND, I'm glad we are finally FB friends. How were we not before??
oh, jill. i am sorry, but this made me laugh and feel a little bit better about my own monsters- i mean kids- and the crazy things they put me through.
Oh Jill! Please don't be mad at me for laughing! I'm am so glad you have days like this too. I'm especially glad that Glen was there to spell you off. You NEEDED a MUCH DESERVED break. I totally understand about McDonalds. I am a professed crack addict myself! I sure hope tomorrow is better. ;)
And here I sit with number three on the way.... what the heck am I thinking! I wonder some days. If there is one thing I hate worst is when the kids break something of mine. I hope it was not too sentimental or valuable. Thank goodness Glen is home again, I'm glad he was able to give you a much needed break!
I'm so glad that glen was home! sounds terrible. I'm really glad that you could just leave!! sometimes that's all i want to do-just LEAVE :)
oh what a frustrating day!! So glad Glen is finally back so you could get a well deserved break!
Oh Jill!! You are a woman after my own heart...ice cream and loud music of my liking always makes me feel better, too!! Good thing Glen was home to take over! I hope today is a much better day. Good luck!
Isn't it funny how hard some days are having kids... and then they do something so sweet and cute that totally melts your heart and it makes those times all worth it! Hope tomorrow is better! :)
I am so curious now! POO? That is the worst! You are so awesome though, Jill. I wish I could be in the car with you and listen to music. Those are my jams when i want to me in my own universe! Love you!
Sorry, I had to laugh! It must have been a terrible day, but you did the right thing. Sometimes you have to take a little time for yourself. Way to go!
Post a Comment