It has been a fun week and we still have our ward trunk or treat tonight. The kids were really excited about carving pumpkins and we finally got them done. Matthew wanted an angry pumpkin and Taylor got a surprised
pumpkin (thanks to Glen). Yesterday we went to our favorite trick or treating in
Perrysburg. It has been so nice each year to go because it is during the day and just down both sides of one little street. I loved watching Taylor because she was so excited. Last year a friend took Matthew trick or treating because it was right after I got sick so this was Taylor's first real experience trick or treating. She ran and skipped the whole way doing her best to keep up with all of the big kids. She would run right up to the candy bowl or into the store and I could hear her say trick or treat very loudly.
Every time she had to lift her candy in the air and say Mommy I got another one, or look Mommy, I got it! She would say that to me right after she got the candy and was usually not even looking at me and facing the wrong direction. She wouldn't stop saying it until she found me in the crowd and had me respond to her. Every piece of candy was just as exciting as the
first one. Her bag was getting pretty heavy towards the end and I asked her if I could carry it for her. She said okay but made sure she got it right back to take to the next store.

This picture describes her experience very well. She smiled the whole time! You can see how hard her little fingers are gripping her bag trying to keep it from dragging on the ground.



Some of the friends we went with

"I got it Mommy!!!!!"


Before we started we took a picture in front of the
library; you can see Taylor already was eating her sucker that she got in the library.

With their friends Ikey and
Zebby as Matthew and Taylor call them a lot of the time.


We dug out the pumpkins a few days ago but finally got around to making faces for them Friday morning before Glen left to Georgia. Glen once again is going to miss the ward trunk or treat. I am hoping we can go because Taylor has been coughing like crazy today. This girl has had a cough on and off for what feels like the last two months. It gets better and she can sleep and it gets bad again like right now I am listening to her trying to nap but she can't stop coughing. BLAH!!! Georgia weather sounds really nice right about now!! Hopefully Glen likes his interview their today.
6 comments:
What cute little trick or treaters! They look like they had so much fun. I love the idea of trick or treating in the day. Love the pumpkins! Our carving lasted 2 hours this year. AHH. Yours look nice and simple!
So fun! There are so many kids together, it's crazy. I'm sure Matthew and Taylor love it. Hopefully Taylor gets over this cough soon. They are so obnoxious, and can make kids sound so sick.
Your kids look so cute! Oh, how I missed trick-or-treating in Perrysburg this year! That is such a fun thing to do!
Happy Birthday Jill! I hope it was a good day for you. These pictures are so adorable. Perrysburg looks like the very best of places to take little ones to trick or treat!
Love you, Joanne
The kids looked so cute for Halloween! I can just hear Taylor saying, "I got it mommy!" Looks like fun!
how thrilling to see your TWO children after all of this time! happy to hear from you again!
Post a Comment