Friday, October 22, 2010

He loves his Daddy!!


Glen just left for his second interview and Matthew bawled; he was so sad. When Glen got back from his two months away we thought we had him back.....we were wrong. 15 more interviews to go after the one today. It is going to be a busy next couple of months but it is all good. We are very happy that Glen has gotten as many interviews as he has and excited to see where we will be going for the next 5-6 years. It seems that all we talk about is different cities and programs and pros and cons of each. We spend a good amount of time booking flights, hotels, and rental cars. I find it quite fun though and I call myself Glen's secretary. He was a little worried about getting all his directions and information together for each interview and preparing for them individually as he has a few weeks with multiple interviews back to back almost. I said please let me do it. I really love to organize and do all that. I used to "play office" when I was young in my Dad's office. I would straighten up his papers and pretend to write notes and different things like that. I know we are being blessed to know what interviews to take and which place is best for us. Glen has also felt like he needed to cancel some of the interviews and I trust his judgement. It will all work out in the end.

TAYLOR'S FUNNY QUOTE OF THE DAY: As Matthew is crying on the floor in our kitchen after Glen left she said "It's okay Matthew, come with me, just relax Matthew, Daddy will be back in two minutes"

This interview isn't that bad at all though. It is in Buffalo New York so he is just driving. He came home for lunch and will be back tomorrow night. For his last interview in New Mexico he was gone 3 full days including Sunday. Good and crazy times!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Definitely keeping busy, it is very exciting time for sure! Nolan says New Mexico is nice, so I'm glad Glen enjoyed it there. New York now, and hopefully you'll be able to start going with him soon!

Julie Sacks said...

We should have totally offered our GPS for Glen to borrow. Since the van has it, we don't use ours as much. If you need it Mrs. Secretary to give to your boss, you are more than welcome to borrow it. I know it sure was great to have with us when we went to Chicago for the first time and did not know where any thing was.

Tayna said...

What a fun crazy time you are in. That is sweet Matthew misses Glen so much. Poor little guys. I can hear Taylor saying that to Matthew too! Great job playing secretary, that would be fun- except the part where you have to use your own money :)

Susy Harper said...

I love Taylors comforting words to Matthew! You better be writing down the funny things they say! Dad and I are still quoting her by saying, "You probably shouldn't do that!" I'm glad you are having fun being Glen's secretary!

Delaps said...

I can't wait to see where you guys end up. Change is always so exciting.