Saturday, October 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Taylor Buggy!!!!

Last Sunday was Taylor's 2nd birthday and we had such a fun day or such a fun weekend really. Glen got back Friday night and we went to the zoo on Saturday. It was actually nice having late church on Sunday so we could spend Sunday morning playing with Taylor and opening presents. We sure love our Taylor buggy and can't imagine life without her. She is so sweet and cute and she brings such joy into our home. She is LOUD, strong willed, and a little bossy but so happy, silly and fun. I take for granted how well she can talk because she has been for such a long time but it is so fun to be able to have conversations with her. It also made it nice for Glen while he was gone because he could really talk to her on the phone and she loved it! Taylor loves Matthew even though they definitely have their moments (sometimes their days). They run around together just laughing and I find them in all sorts of places playing pretend.



Taylor did not want to sit in the stroller and kept saying "Dad, I want to sit on your head." She really was so cute with Glen and just did not want to leave him after he got home. Have I said 2 months was a long time?!?! He has been home for a week now and it is so nice having him back and just being home together.


Taylor really liked brushing these goats even though her face doesn't look like it in this picture. There were a few goats that ran away or got a little more aggressive if you tried to touch them and that scared Taylor a little. She kept going back to this goat and would say "this is a nice goat" (because the goat wouldn't move).
Taylor's presents and lots and lots of balloons awaited her in the morning. I added the pink converse just to be artsy I guess; they were not a present.
Taylor got a baby doll from us and Glen grabbed Taylor and told her that she was his baby; she thought that was pretty funny.
While I was in Idaho my Mom made some doll clothes for Taylor's doll and they turned out so cute and fit her doll perfectly. I will have to take a picture of all of them.
The doll is now called Molly and Taylor wants to sleep with her and take her in the car. So cute!

This picture just cracks me up with Taylor's crazy eyes and crooked smile and what is Matthew doing? A. yawning B. yelling C. trying to eat Taylor or D. about ready to sneeze??? I really don't know but Taylor doesn't seem to mind.
I look gross in this picture but I had to add one of Taylor's cake. It was my first time making a fondant cake and it was far from perfect. I tried to copy a picture but in our time crunch before church I was just happy it turned out okay. The colors were supposed to be a little different and I can't place polka dots very well but it was fun. Fondant is nasty though; we all picked it off except for Taylor. She kept asking for all the polka dots...blah!!! Happy Birthday baby girl; we love you!

3 comments:

Tayna said...

Oh Taylor looks soo cute! Great job on the cake, I think it looks really really cute. Was it fun to make? Molly looks really cute. I bet she is having a blast with her. I'm so glad Glen was able to be back for her birthday. I'm sure the kids just mauled him for a few days! I love the lots of balloon idea, makes it seem like a party! I can't believe your baby is 2!

Ashley said...

So fun, LOVE the cake so much. I've never done fondant, because I've heard it's yucky too. But it turned out adorable to me. Looks like such a fun day, She so cute!

Susy Harper said...

What a fun birthday! It looked like a great day. I love the cake-good job, Jill! and I'm so glad the doll clothes fit and that Taylor loved her doll.