My Mom, Ashley's sister Raeanne, Ashley, and Tayna
Monday, September 6, 2010
We made it!!!!
We are all home now and it is so nice. Since I have been a horrible blogger I guess some of you wouldn't even know we left. Glen was gone all of August and September doing rotations in different cities for school (Madison Wisconsin and Kansas City Kansas). He came home for a day after three weeks of being gone. I spent 3 weeks in Malta visiting my family and Glen got back to Toledo on Friday night. I just kept saying I can't believe your really here. It is so fun to have him back....2 months was a long time. The kids were so excited when Glen walked into there room Saturday morning after they woke up. Taylor said DADDDDDYYYYY, very loudly and would not let go of him for a long time. Overall it went pretty good being alone but I sure was happy to be able to spend a few weeks with family. The kids had so much fun playing with cousins and I loved having people to talk with all day. We first visited my sister Jenny in Richfield Utah for a few days and then spent most of our time in Malta with my parents and also spent a lot of time over at my brothers house with my sister in law Tayna and all of their kids. We ended our trip by going to Boise for a Time Out for Women conference and got to see my brother Nolan and my his wife Ashley and their kids. It was such a fun trip but it is always so hard to leave. We were ready to go though because we were so excited to see Glen. I will post about our weekend and Taylor's birthday soon.
My Dad telling the kids stories from his mission to Africa about all the animals. I remember him telling me these stories when I was little.
Matthew loves to cook and help. Here he is helping make bread.
A really fun playground in Burley

This was the first time I ever tried curling Taylor's hair
The kids helping my Mom pick up tumbleweeds all over their lawn
My Mom is amazing and came up with a really cute family night lesson so fast complete with props and a treasure hunt.
Taylor loves corn and ate a couple of them this night
Taylor helping to water the flowers. They really loved helping my Mom; all of her jobs were so much funner than the jobs you can do at our house.
My mom reading the kids a story before they went to bed. They both did so good sleeping there. Matthew slept in one day until 9!!! They are both back to waking up before 7 now that we are home.
My Mom and I found my snorkeling stuff and Glen is borroing my brother Jonathan's for a trip sometime next spring hopefully!! These two cute kids are not coming with us!!!!
These four kid spent a LOT of time together and we miss them a lot. They had a lot of fun.
We cooked hot dogs and roasted marshmallows a couple of times in the trees by my parents lawn. Matthew was in heaven and wanted to do it a lot. We also had pizza parties while watching the BYU football games a couple of times that Matthew thought was so fun too. Poor BYU
This was in Richfield while visiting my sister. We had a fun time shopping and were shocked by how well the kids did for hours. I was really shocked because Taylor is the worst shopper ever.
We were in this scrapbook store forever and luckily they had a toy area for the kids. The store had the cutest ribbon and I now have a lot of bows to make for Taylor.
We went swimming at a natural hot spring that they made into 3 nice pools that were all different tempuratures. It is in this little town called Almo about 30-40 mintues away from my parents house. Kids from here went to my school.

Christophe, Taylor, Jill, and Brandon
Such good cousins
We went kyaching at my parents house on the river and you can find some spots where it is really shallow to get out and walk around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
OH man I have to start by saying I am amazed at how much you did in 3 weeks! So fun, and I am glad we were along for the ride! I can't believe we didn't get any pictures..lame! Also happy birthday to Taylor, can't wait to hear how it went. I can't believe you have to pay for those carts in OH! We have them everyone and I avoid them like the plague...haha they're too hard to navigate at speed walker pace that I like to go:-)
What a cute post! You got some great pictures. Heidi and Tyler are really missing your Matthew and Taylor. They had a great time together. I'm so glad Glen is back! Sounds like the kids were asleep when he got home. SMART! You could have him all to yourself before you had to share with the kids. So sad to hear they aren't sleeping in anymore. They must have just played so hard and were pooped here. It happens! So glad you could come for so long! We love you!
wow, jill, you are so amazing. i cannot believe you had to let glen be gone for 2 months!!! i would go crazy. we need to catch up. what is your email now? mine is kristen.holland@yahoo.com
i think about you all the time and wonder how you are doing.
Holy Cow Jill, yall did a ton of things! We did not do near as many things as you did and we were in Utah for a month! I guess me feeling sick could of been something to do with that. All my family ever does is eat and shop, great still, but sometimes gets old! I'm so glad you and Glen are back together again... now for interviews!
I love all the pictures! They helped me relive a very fun month! I'm so glad we had that time together. It was fun to see Glen again and see how much fun the kids have with him. I know you thought it was fun to see him again too!
Post a Comment