Friday, August 13, 2010

Staying busy

This summer is flying by and we are trying our best to take advantage of it before the cold dreadful winter gets here. I know we still have quite awhile until then. It has been hard doing much else besides being in the water since it is so hot and humid. I took the kids swimming a few days ago and it was so much fun. Matthew kept diving away from me in the little pool as I tried to squirt him with a squirt gun; he is getting so brave. We went to the big pool and Matthew amazed me; he was swimming a few feet all by himself. It wasn't the best form but he was doing it and was loving it as was I. Taylor and I cheered and clapped for him and he was so proud.
I was in the kitchen one morning doing dishes from the day before :( when I came into the living room to see this. They had made beds for everyone including me (on the very left) and Taylor's baby (on the right). Matthew even had the right pillows for each person.
I grabbed a rubber band to get Taylor's hair out of her face and decided to try the side ponytail. Her expressions in these pictures just kill me. The second picture is my favorite. She looks like such a little goof/nerd. So funny!!


Taylor kept trying to be like Matthew by jumping and diving and lets just say she swallowed a lot of water. Taylor is always trying to be bigger and older than she is. She thinks she can keep right up with Matthew and the big kids. Matthew and his boy friends tell her often that she is a baby and can't do certain things. Taylor does not like that very much. Taylor is talking so well it just amazes me. She speaks full sentences and you actually can understand her very well. Her and Matthew can play so well together sometimes because they just talk back and forth.

Glen's Mom has been such a help lately coming down and brought us such a great dinner the other night. Matthew and Taylor surprised me with the way they ate these ribs.

We finally got a hose and a sprinkler to use in our yard. I always say I can't wait to have a yard but we really do have one. It is not fenced and we do share it with the other people in our townhome but it is a yard. We are the only ones usually out on the lawn anyway. I do watch them closely with the road and driveways but they are both pretty good about staying on the grass and sidewalk. It's nice to be able to step right out our door and do sidewalk chalk or eat lunch on the grass.



Matthew was trying to help Taylor into the sprinkle and she ran out pretty quick. She said it was too cold!

6 comments:

dockters said...

I wish we could spend a day at the pool with you guys!! I love Taylor's cute, flowered swimsuit. She looks so grown up and so blonde!! It all looks fun.

Ashley said...

I was just talking to you and think I click on the computer, and BAM, you posted. Fun to catch up and then also see a post from you. Taylor is so cute, and getting tan. That's fun Matthew is swimming. Taylor and Grace sound alike in the pool. She'll just go face first in the water, and I hurry and pull her up and she keeps doing it over and over! Totally stresses me out! Haha, have a good weekend.

Cynthia said...

Those are cute pictures of Matthew and Taylor together. It is always wonderful as a mom when the kids get along!

Julie Sacks said...

Way cute pictures! And I love the side pony tail. As far as the fondant, just go on YouTube and look up marshmallow fondant. It's super easy and tastes ok too!

Jenny Lee said...

Cute pictures Jill. I'm so impressed that Matthew is starting to swim. Poor Savannah doesn't get much time in the pool really. She's always in a lifejacket if we're ever in the water. I'm glad that Glen's mom has helped out a lot lately. That's so great. Can't wait to see you!

Jenny and Jake said...

I agree with Lyndsay, Taylor is so grown up! What a beautiful family!