We boarded our plane in SLC and then ten minutes later we were told to get off the plane because of thunderstorms in Denver (I very much dislike Denver, we have had multiple problems going through there) Hours late we set up to Denver. The flight took twice the time it should of because we had to go in circles waiting for the weather to improve. It was quite the bumpy ride descending and even scared me a little, especially seeing lightning right out the window. Taylor fell asleep on that flight and was woken up somehow and screamed the last half of the flight. We ran to catch our flight in Denver to find that our plane was still there but no crew to fly it. We waited over 4 hours in the Denver airport with tons of people everywhere. Thais picture doesn't really capture how bad Taylor looked; she was so tired. I think it was around 1 am when we finally left Denver. Did our kids sleep......NO, well Matthew fell asleep on some chairs about 20 minutes before we boarded. Thankfully, both kids slept the whole flight to Detroit. Glen and I did not sleep however, maybe a few minutes here or there. I could not believe it as I looked out our window and saw the sun rising. We landed in Detroit around 6 something and then we realized we left Glen's wallet in the plane and our luggage did not arrive. A few hours later with no luggage and two borrowed car seats we made our way to McDonalds for breakfast. That night is a blurr now in my memory and I am glad it is over. My next flight this summer is going to be nonstop to Salt Lake City; I don't care how much it costs.
1. two smiley kids who don't have red blood shot eyes anymore
2. A couple hours at the pool
3. A husband home by 5:00
4. Some alone time for me (the kids are in bed and Glen is at his softball game)
5. The first time this year hearing cicadas (they are LOUD) when we first moved into our apartment I looked outside to see what was making this alarm sounding noise. I didn't think I could get used to it and now I love it. It just reminds me of moving to Toledo and especially are little town home that we are in now that I love.
6. A pretty clean house
Matthew and Taylor were cleaning the window on our door with a water bottle and then decided to cool each other down a little bit. It was HOT today.
7 comments:
Oh My GOSH! What a horrible flight. I'm soooo glad Glen was with you. Good thing his rotation- or whatever he was doing was changed to Tuesday. Blessings in disguise! You are so tough Jill. I just love how you can find so much positive in everything. You are an inspiration to me! It was SOO fun to see you. Heidi misses Matthew.
What a nightmare!!! Glad you FINALLY made it home!
Taylor and Matthew look so cute washing the window together! Hard little workers!
OH MAN. I don't know how you did it. I think I would have cried at some point. Good thing Glen was with you, though. Your kids are soooo cute. They look SO much alike. CUTE CUTE FAM!
I hate flying. Period. Your story explains how I feel most of the time when I have to travel by plane. I hope the trip was worth the pain!
Wow! That sounds awful. You were hostage to the airlines. I hate that feeling. I am glad that you are settled back in Toledo. I love the picture of the 2 pilots.
You are so tough! I'm so proud of you. It must have been so awful. No more Denver!!! I love the pictures and your list of good things in your life. You are an amazingly resilient, positive person! Sure miss you all!
Wow Jill! Holly told me how bad her ride home was, but said she felt her's was minor compared to yours. I sure can see why. I'm impressed how you stay so strong and positive. I'm sure I would have been in tears. I'm glad that you made it and that you got your luggage and found Glen's wallet. It could have been worse. I'm excited that you are coming out again. I've invited you and mom to come and spend a week with me. I hope you can!
Post a Comment