We got Matthew a trampoline and he was so excited. Taylor loves jumping on it too.Sunday, November 29, 2009
We love you Matthew
A quick update of what has been going on with our family since it has been awhile since our last post. While we were visiting Glen's family in Michigan for Thanksgiving our house got broken into. We just got back on Saturday and found a package outside our door that was opened. It was a pair of shoes I ordered for my birthday. Glen and I sat there for a second commenting on how horrible it was that someone would open a package but laughed that they didn't take my shoes. I then glanced up at our door that was wide open and completely torn apart. Our door was dead bolted and everything so they had to work really hard to get it open. We ran into our house to see it a mess. I was shocked but it really hit me when I went upstairs and saw our bedroom. There was not a bare spot of carpet in our room; I felt so violated and sick to my stomach. I guess to be positive first, I am happy they didn't destroy our house meaning just throwing my decorations around or things like that. They mainly took our electronics; our nice flat screen tv, dvd player, computer, ipod, our Wii, two quart size bags of change??, our new debit cards, a house key and I don't know what else. Really all I care about is our computer which has tons of pictures that were never developed, never blogged, many videos of the kids, and my very detailed and long journal the last 5 months. That part makes me sick and still makes me cry sometimes; everything else is replaceable but not what was on that computer. So the owner of our apartments came and fixed our door which took hours. Our house was freezing cold and stayed that way for the time it took to fix the door. We put the kids in their coats. They changed our locks and gave us knew keys. The scary thing is the police and our landlord both thought it was someone in our neighborhood. It freaks me out that someone might be on our street and was watching us to know when we left and everything. I try not to think about that. All I can say is that they would be dumb to come back; they took our electronics and our two bags full of coins and were probably very disapointed after spending all that time tearing up our bedroom to find no money hidden in our mattress or drawers. We are poor students; stay away!! On to happier news, Matthew's birthday was on the 21st and was a lot of fun. He loved all of his presents and was content to play at home most of the day. We went swimming which both Matthew and Taylor love. He was so excited all day. We sure love him. I can't believe he is 3 and will be in primary in just a month. He is so sweet and fun. He tells me he loves me multiple times a day and just makes me so happy. I love this picture of Matthew and Taylor. We were actually doing some Christmas shopping at Toys R Us a couple of days before Matthew's birthday and a lady gave us 3 balloons which the kids loved playing with.
We got Matthew a trampoline and he was so excited. Taylor loves jumping on it too.
We got Matthew a trampoline and he was so excited. Taylor loves jumping on it too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






8 comments:
Oh my goodness Jill! That is horrible. I would feel so violated too. I'm sorry to hear about that!
The trampoline for Matthew looks like so much fun, what a great gift.
We should go to the Hilton pool sometime, now that I have passes to the Y!
jill- it makes me sick just to think about what happened to you guys. I am so so sorry!!! It makes me so angry.
Jill, where do I start? I'm so sorry. It seems like you have gone through enough lately- seriously. I'm just sick for you and all that you've lost. You sound like you do have a good attitude. Sheesh! I'm so ticked at those stupid people. It makes me appreciate all that I have and to get my pictures off my computer. I'm glad that you had a great Thanksgiving, Matthew's 3rd birthday!! He's such a cute little man. The trampoline is such a great gift for a boy, bounce off some energy!
I love Taylor's water fountain!!!! So cute! Add a bow and she'll be stylin! I wish we could come swimming with you, so fu to have somewhere to go in the winter.
Well, keep your chin up! We pray for all ya'll everyday, have been for a while. Can't wait to see you in December.
Love ya!
Tayn
Jill, I am soooo sorry. It is just so wrong. Toledo. Toledo. Toledo! Why? Why? Why?
Jill, I felt so sick about this too when I heard. Seriously? Why you guys?! I am furious!! Jerks!
I am loving that picture of Matthew flexing his muscles...such a cute boy!
Let's go swimming soon!! :)
You should do Taylor's hair like that everyday! It's darling! those kids are growing up so fast. Wow Taylor jumping in the pool!
Jill that is horrible. I would tell them they can have it all but let people know that you want your pictures back.. I am sorry.
You should have let them use your debit card and then track them down
GOod luck
Jill- I am so sorry. I am so mad and sick for you. I can't fathom the feeling you must have felt that day. People are are so ridiculous. I hope it doesn't happen again. I am so sorry for the special memories that you have lost.
Post a Comment