Saturday, November 29, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Matthew's birthday was so much fun. He turned the big 2 on November 21st. It was great to have my parents here for it. Matthew really had a lot of fun with Grandma and Grandpa. He was always talking to them and wanting them to play with him. I can tell I am going to love Christmas time and being Santa. I was very excited to have Matthew come downstairs in the morning to see the balloons we had everywhere and his kitchen. It was a very eventful day and Matthew loved it. We opened some presents, went to playground world, went swimming, out to eat, and then home for cake and ice cream. We went swimming at the Hilton by the medical school campus. For those of you whose husbands are in medical school, you should go or we all should go sometime. The water was so warm and nobody is ever there. Matthew was so happy on his birthday and it really felt like he knew the day was about him. We sure love him!!
Matthew really wanted a lightning macqueen cake like Thomas his cousin. Because I am not very talented that way and lack of time this is what we ended up with...a normal cake with a lightning macqueen car on top.

Glen and I were so excited to find this kitchen for half price because Matthew loves these things. We go to playground world and instead of heading straight for the slides, he goes to the kitchen. Who knows, he might be a chef someday. He was so excited and played with it non stop all day.

We went to dinner at the Texas Roadhouse for Matthew's birthday. They had him sit on this saddle while they let out a big Yeehaw. Matthew was a little scared with all of the attention. He sure loved eating the free peanuts and have a ton. There was proof of it in his diaper for a few days!

4 comments:

Frauke said...

Happy Birthday, Matthew.

It looks like you had a great time on your 2nd birthday and enjoyed all the cake....

I really love the first picture - he looks so excited.

Thanks for the cute post, Jill!

Durrant said...

Happy Birthday Matthew! I can't believe he is 2! They grow up so fast! What a fun day! That kitchen is so cute where did you get it?

Tayna said...

Gosh! I forgot Matthew's birthday. I'm so glad your parents could be there for it. Grandpa and Grandma told us all the funny things he said. How much he's talking, and how dang cute he is. Happy Birthday Matthew!

Susy Harper said...

What a wonderful boy! We love him!