Friday, August 15, 2008

Projects


The lighting was bad in all of these pictures. The green actually looks brighter in real. At first it was a little shocking but now I love it.
I sewed this blanket while I was in Idaho. I still need to hand sew the binding. Yes, I have been really putting it off. Thanks Tayna and mom for all of your help.
These are just wooden frames that I covered with scrapbook paper. Super easy and the frames only cost $1 each. I got the idea from my good friend Natalie when we lived in Provo. They eventually will be hung above the crib I think once the girl bedding takes the place of Matthew's. We are not sure when that will be. Whenever we think Matthew is ready for a big bed. Until then Taylor will sleep in a pack and play.

13 comments:

Cynthia said...

You finally did it! I love the green wall.

Jenny and Jake said...

Jill! You are so talented and creative I love the wall, the blanket, the frames... so much fun. It will be great to see everyone soon in Toledo.

Frauke said...

I love it, Jill! Your kids will feel so great, playing in that bright room! You really are talented!

Ashley said...

Oh boy, or should I say girl, the day is fast approaching. Way to paint the wall, I love it. I like those frame things too, I did a couple in Logan, but they didn't turn out to great for me. The blanket turned out so cute. I will have to email you hair clip ideas soon so you can add another project to your list!

Kent and Leisy said...

you really need to do one of our talent nights for rs!! I want to do the frames and sew a blanket!!

Jenny Lee said...

Jill, I'm so proud of you!  I love the green wall.  It makes me want to go paint another one.  I love your girl blanket and the frames.  You go girl!  I really think you should name her Taylor Dawn because that will have such a special link to you - her mother.  I think that would be so special and it sounds good too.  Love ya.

Susy Harper said...

I love the green wall! It looks so cheerful! I love your scrapebook pictures too! Great job decorating, Jill. I loved the rest of your blog too!

Liz said...

What a cute room

dockters said...

Jill...the paint, the blanket, the frames...I love them all! It looks so cute!

Julie Sacks said...

I did the same thing with Cohen's picture frames, it's so cute and easy! Your girl/boy room is going to be so cute!

Kimberly said...

I love the room! The colors are great!

Durrant said...

Looks awesome! I really envy your sewing talent! I always have ambition to start projects but then have a hard time finishing. How fun that you can paint the walls! Everything looks great! Hey when you get a chance will you send me your address.

Jonathan and Laura said...

Jill I'm so glad I looked at your blog! Congrats on the baby girl! That's so exciting. Toledo looks like a fun place to live and you guys take some great trips!