Monday, April 14, 2008

Update

Sorry so long. Only read all of this if you are bored

1. Glen got a job for this summer working at the hospital. (details of what he will actually be
doing coming soon) It is only 5 weeks long so we will be able to go out west and visit family
for awhile in July. One week during that break we will be in Bear Lake boating and soaking
up the sun.

2. I am feeling much better these days......finally. I still get nauseous in the morning but at least
it is not all day and usually I can control it by eating something.

3. We are finding out what we are having on May 5th. Only 3 more weeks!!! I can't wait to find
out. I'm thinking it is a boy but who knows. I really don't have a preference. Having a boy
would save us a lot of money though. If we have a girl I am really going to have to be very
self controlled.

4. I am still trying to convince Glen to let me paint Matthew's room green. His poor room has
very few decorations and only has his bed and changing table in it. Soon we should be getting
a huge, comfy chair that I am so excited about.

5. Glen and I are staying busy with our callings in our ward. For those of you who don't know,
Glen is in the Young Men's presidency and I recently got called into the Primary presidency
which has been a lot of fun.

6. Glen has a test this Friday and next Monday and then only a few more weeks until school is
over. Wahoo!!

7. Matthew is so much fun these days but also very determined. Lately he really hates the
stroller, shopping cart, car seat, ect. This has made walking and shopping very difficult. He is
getting so big and I love him more and more everyday. Lately he loves balls, dogs, walking
outside, cooking, wrestling with his dad and rolling around on the floor. He always wants to
help with the cooking. I try to bring things on the floor and let him watch or let him help stir
things. He is starting to talk quite a bit which has been fun. He says quite a few words
although some are hard to understand or just part of words. His newest word is mole. He
pointed to Glen's face one day and I told him that was a mole and since then he finds every
mole on my face and tells me about it. It's pretty funny. Matthew is obsessed with garbage.
He will see it outside on garbage day and look out the window holding his nose which means
"stinky." Anytime he sees a garbage can or any garbage he grabs his nose. It's cute. Lately
he has been talking/singing before he falls asleep for 15 minutes, sometimes less,
sometimes more. It cracks me up that he will do that for so long, just happy to be in his
crib.

8. Glen turned 25 on April 10th.

9. Matthew went to nursery last Sunday. Glen was going to go in with him and only stay half the time but he ended up leaving him there the whole time and it sounded like he did great. He really isn't supposed to go in until May so Glen cheated a little. I told Glen we should probably wait until May. I think he is pretty excited for Matthew to go since he has been the one taking him the last two hours of church because I am in the primary. Matthew is kind of quiet around other kids and people sometimes which is funny because he is usually very loud and active at home and once he gets to know people. He is a very happy and social boy.

10. I have finally begun to catch up on my scrapbook. I have a LOT to do.
11. Now that I am feeling a lot better I am going to start exercising more again which I really need to do. I go to walking group twice a week but I am going to start taking Matthew to the day care at the YMCA where I can workout. Yeah, I'm excited to get going again. It makes me feel a lot better.

That's about it!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm glad for the update! I feel like a bumb for not calling Glen on his birthday. I hope he forgives us! That's exciting about his job though. Matthew sounds like such a big boy, too bad he doesn't like his stroller, carseat etc. I am sure it will get bettter as you do it more. I wish we would have taken Thomas to nursery sooner. I think he would have done better in it earlier, our ward are sticklers on the rule though. I'm so glad you're feeling better Jill, you're almost half way!!

dockters said...

Jill, May 5th is going to come fast!! I'm anxious to hear what you are having too! So exciting! I'm glad you've been feeling better too!

I think it's so funny that Matthew knows the word 'mole'! That's great!

RaeAnn said...

Hi Jill. It sounds like we have a friend in common-Matt Wetzel. He said that you are in the same ward...very funny guy and great family. Anyway, glad to hear that all is going well AND that SOMEBODY is going to find out if they are having a boy or girl :)