Sunday, November 4, 2007
Poor Matthew
We have had a hard couple of days. Poor Matthew is still not doing too well. He isn't throwing up anymore but has crazy diarrhea. It started sometime during the night or early morning on Saturday. He has been going every 30 minutes for quite awhile. Today it has gotten a little less but still every 45 minutes to an hour. Everytime it is a blowout so I am very grateful for a washer and dryer at this point. We are a little worried about him getting dehydrated but are trying to force fluids. We went to the doctor again on Saturday and they gave him another big antibiotic shot like the one they gave him in the emergency room. The ER was not a very fun experience for anyone, especially Matthew. They tried to put an IV in him but couldn't find a vein so they poked him a lot. They came and took his blood twice and did an x-ray on his chest. After all of that he started screaming when anyone came into the room. Smart kid knows that everybody was being mean to him. They were worried because his white blood cell count was really high and thought the infection might get into his blood or that he might have pnemonia, which he doesn't. I think the white blood cell count was high due to his double ear infection. Poor guy! He has been acting pretty good although yesterday evening and a little of today he has been crying a lot. We sure wish he could just tell us what is wrong. He just screams everytime we have to change his diaper because his bum is so sore. I hate doing it. Hopefully things will start getting better although today I haven't been feeling so hot so I think I got a little of what Matthew has.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh no! That is the saddest thing ever! We are praying for your little family and especially Matthew.Love you guys
This makes me so sad to read! I can't imaging having to watch them poke at him like that. I hope you will both be back to AOK very soon. I don't know where you found the energy and motivation to teach today, but you did a fabulous job -- I love watching you teach, and will miss that! You're awesome. Let's get together when I get back, OK? Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment