Friday, January 24, 2014

Trick or Treating

 It was the perfect night for trick or treating. It had rained a lot of the day but had stopped by the time we started. It seemed that we were the only ones out for awhile. It was a little windy and the sky was kind of creepy which was fun. It was also not very cold which was great! We met up with our friends the Woods and strolled the neighborhood street by street. We got home and sorted candy.  I had to tell them to eat some candy and they were surprised when I told them to have a couple. I thought that was so funny but I think they were just enjoying sorting the candy. I am not one of those parents who lets them eat as much as they want that first night. Why would I when they were totally happy and surprised to get as much as they did. They become very winy when candy is around and expect it and ask for it all the time the days after Halloween which is annoying. I let them have some every day for awhile and then we take it to the local pediatric dentist. They weigh your candy and pay you for it and then they send it to the troops overseas. I think it is a win win. I just can't keep it in the house very long because I eat way too much of it myself. Glen has not trick or treated with us since we moved here. Here is hoping for next year but we had a lot of fun anyway!!! Matthew decided to wear his ninja costume instead of the tin man which made it a lot easier to run around.



Look at that big cheese. He was so happy just to play with it all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what darling costumes! They look so cute. Glad you had fun trick or treating. You're a good mom not letting them eat too much candy. Looks like you got a LOT!