School started on August 6th here but the Kindergarten kids only went one day that week. Matthew's first day was on August 9th so this will be his first full week of school starting today. He is very excited about school and I am excited for him too although I am also a little sad. I am not sure what Taylor and I will do without him. I really feel the worst for Taylor because she honestly played with Matthew all day; they rarely did anything by themselves. I am sure we will adjust and it will be fun having some time with just Taylor. She started our litttle co-op preschool today and we are doing it twice a week this year so that will be fun for her.
We walk Matthew to school which is so fun and I feel so lucky that we live close enough to do that. The kids were so cute on Matthew's first day; they didn't seem sad at all but couldn't stop hugging each other. As we walked to school Matthew stopped multiple times to say "I just want to hug you one more time." Matthew's teacher is Mrs. Bowens and she seems so nice and fun! I have heard great things about her from neighbors and other people. We had a parent meeting the next day where we got to talk to the teacher and ask her questions. I only teared up on the walk home after dropping Matthew off although I had bigger tears the night before while talking to Glen after the kids were in bed. I love this boy!! After school Matthew had so much to tell me. He got a little toy for behaving and I asked if the whole class got one he said that he was the only one. Given they split the kids up over the week so only 6 kids went on Matthew's day. I was very proud of him!! It made me feel so good when he told me that he already has a friend, "his name is Connor and we played police at recess." He is going to do great and have so much fun this year!
 |
| I peaked at the kids during the prayer and Taylor was laying on Matthew's lap. Of course I made them stay like that after the prayer so I could take a picture. So sweet! |
 |
| On our way |
 |
| Getting all of his supplies out with his teacher Mrs. Bowens |
9 comments:
Oh Jill, I tear up just reading your post. I am going to be a mess in a couple of weeks! Matthew is getting so big. I'm glad you like the teacher, I keep waiting to hear who Cohen is getting, fingers crossed its a good one!
So cute! Can't believe you have a kindergartner! Haha and I have 2 babies. Ha hope you're doing well Love you!
I totally teared up just reading this. I love those Lau kids!
I totally teared up just reading this. I love those Lau kids!
Oh my heck it's so crazy that he is in school now. I have been meaning to call you to talk about it, but it sounds like it went so well. Oh man I can't believe it! Cute picture with the sign. I might have to copy that. Miss you and your cute family.
Isn't kindergarten exciting?! Matthew is so sweet and so ready to go. I teared up as well, reading your post and seeing the pictures. How fun that you and Taylor can walk to school with him.
Such a sweet post! Your kiddos are so cute with each other!
Such a sweet post! Your kiddos are so cute with each other!
I'm so glad Matthew loves kindergarten! That's fun you can walk him there. What a tender guy, wanting to give just one more hug!
Post a Comment