Friday, September 2, 2011

Tour Memphis with the Lau's

Glen's parents came to visit us last Wednesday and were here for 5 days.....we all loved having them here!! It is so fun to have visitors and the kids were asking me everyday if it was time for Gram and Grandad to visit (weeks and weeks before they actually came). A few of the things we did....
1. Shelby Farms
2. Zoo (twice)
3. Barbecue restaurant
4. Mud Island
5. Downtown trolley and Beale Street
6. Matthew soccer practice
7. I got to go to the Temple and get my haircut
8. Lots of ice cream (Glen's Dad Loren loves it just as much as I do) After they left I banned ice cream for the week... at least for me
9. drive by of the hospitals where Glen works
10. Visiting and playing!!

Matthew and Taylor were so excited about riding the trolley; they had been talking about it for weeks and knew that when Glen wasn't working we would go. Glen had a the whole weekend off during the Lau's visit which was so nice.
The little baby giraffe is a very new addition and is so cute!We finally saw the pandas awake and doing there favorite thing. Thanks to Loren for all of the great pictures since I was so bad at taking any while they were here. They look so much better if you click on them because of Loren's nice camera. Somebody please tell me how to make the pictures bigger. Someday I will get a nice camera so I would like to know how to make the pictures big. Thank you for the visit!!!!
Visitors welcome!!

3 comments:

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

How fun for you to get visitors. I love Glen's parents. They're the sweetest.

Julie Sacks said...

Matthew and Taylor already look so much more grown up! Can't they just stay as I remember them for forever! We are trying to talk Justin's parents into coming, I hope we have the same success you had in getting your inlaws to come for a visit :)

Susy Harper said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful time with the Lau's. It was fun to see what you did!