Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Big day

Matthew on his first day of preschool. Taylor of course had to be in the picture with her backpack on. Matthew is really enjoying it and so far it has been a good experience for all of us. The preschool is in the community center and the two teachers have been teaching there for a long time. I love that he is getting used to walking into a real school building and also that he didn't know anyone in his class. He can be shy at first but it seems he is making friends so I think that is a good learning experience for him. They have a field trip coming up next week at a pumpkin farm so that will be fun. Taylor cried and cried on the orientation day when we left his classroom; she wanted to stay so bad. She got to play for a hour while the parents talked with the teachers so she would have been so happy just to join the kids. We are starting a little co-op preschool the first week in October like we have done with Matthew in the past and Taylor is going to love it. I am really excited for that.
I would have prefered more Matthew and less bag but Matthew was very proud. They wanted the kids to have open top bags so we picked this up for a few dollars at Hobby Lobby and put his name on it. And here is Taylor crying about being "starving" and trying to get into the fridge.....something she does way too often lately.

10 comments:

Loren said...

Pre-school sounds wonderful for Matthew, and how fun for Taylor that you are doing the pre-school for her! Sweet little people.It is so fun to see the pictures you take, but I have to admit, we miss you so much!

Tayna said...

Fun days! I bet Matthew does great. Tyler totally misses Heidi while she's gone to school, he can feel Taylor's pain. It looks like you trimed Taylor's hair, and it's gone so blonde! Cute kiddos!

The Jessups said...

How fun! They are so stinkin' cute. I love Taylor's hair!

Julie Sacks said...

I am SO jealous that Matthew is in preschool. It was just too expensive here so I am doing it...let's just say it has been a tester of my patience.

Jessica Jackson said...

You're kids are getting so big! I seriously can't believe how fast time goes, it seems like just yesterday little Matthew was a baby back in Provo :) They're adorable.

Susy Harper said...

I love all the pictures! Matthew looks so cute all ready for school with his bag. I miss you all so much!

Holly said...

I love the bag. Jordan has one a lot like it for her preschool. Matthew looks grown-up. I miss you and your kids! I can't believe how blonde Taylor buggy looks!! I need to get to know those two little cuties.

Jenny Lee said...

Oh the fun has begun! I'm so glad Matthew gets to go to preschool. He will love it! Taylor will love the co-op one too. I'm doing a little playgroup with Savy once a week. It's so good for her to make new friends. Well, good luck with your cuties. love you

Delaps said...

I miss our little co-op group. They are all getting so big. Kindergarten next year!

dockters said...

Matthew looks so big! How is preschool going so far? We're doing a co-op with Sam again this year and he loves it...but he keeps begging to just go to kindergarten! And Taylor looks so blonde and so grown up!!! She is cute! We miss you guys. It's so good to hear that you're doing so well!