Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Growing up

Our car really needed vacumed and cleaned out so I had both kids out in the garage with me helping, which was interesting but we got it done. I took out both of their car seats and decided it was close enough to Taylor's birthday to give her Matthew's seat and get out Matthew's new booster seat. We had to go for a drive to try them out so we went to the library. They both love their new seats and I kept looking back at Taylor while we were driving because she just looked so cute and seemed so big to be in a forward facing car seat. Well, we are back to the blogging world so here is what we have been up to this last month. I can't believe Taylor's birthday is this Saturday, more about her to come.
Taylor cleaning out the cupboard
First day of preschool
We started a little preschool on Monday for these five sweet kids. We are just trading between moms and doing it once a week for two hours. I had it at my house first and it went very well. I think they had fun and I was impressed with how well they all behaved and listened. Here they are eating their snack (faces made out of oranges, grapes, blueberries, raspberries, and apples)
One of the things we learned about was the body so I gave each of them a stuffed animal that we fixed up by putting band aids on parts of their bodies. We also did some fun things with the letter A and learned about measuring things. I am so excited for this and know Matthew is going to love it.

Pack the Parks

The park had a free lunch last Saturday and some fun blow up toys and marching bands. Matthew could have played on the two blow ups all day if I would of let him. As it is we did stay for a long time. It was great because there were not that many people there and he didn't have to wait at all. Matthew also broke his first board, I think the guy might have helped a little.



Art Festival in Bowling Green, OH

This was such a fun activity for kids. There were so many things for them to do. This is a picture of Taylor on the way home from the festival; we stopped at Mcdonalds and I just handed Taylor a hamburger. She did pretty well although her car seat was filthy. Luckily I switched her to her big car seat after this and washed this one.


Matthew played with this rubberband thing forever.



Farmers Market at Fallen Timbers Mall in Maumee

Every second Tuesday of the month they have horse carriage rides and these fun character people.

Matthew and Taylor loved the horse carriage ride. Taylor of course couldn't stop pointing at the horse and squealing at it.

Matthew remembers this dog from last fall and went right up to him and gave him a hug and said, "I've missed you." So cute!


577 foundation, Perrysburg OH

8 comments:

The Jessups said...

Wow, I can't believe it's already her birthday!! They are so cute. I bet Matthew feels like a big boy now with a new booster, too.

Gosh, you guys have such fun activities there! Looks like you all are having a great time!

Jenny Lee said...

Jill, I back! Your pictures are so cute. It sounds like you have been very busy. I love them in their car seats! Lots of fun. I'll write more later. love ya

Durrant said...

Way cute pictures! The preschool sounds like so much fun! I was just telling Broc that I wanted to start something like that but we don't live close to anybody Crew's age. Totally wish we lived closer!

dockters said...

I love the preschool pictures! And I'm way impressed that you even incorporated the snack with your theme...you are so great!

You guys have a done a lot this last month. It all looks fun!

Julie Sacks said...

I had no idea there was even a pre school thing starting up in the ward. Sounds like fun! I love the pics of Taylor in her big car seat, she looks so grown up. I feel like you were just dropping Matthew off at our house last week for your last date before Taylor was born!

Tayna said...

Okay, I want to know if you got all your journal and scrapbooking done!! I'm glad you're back to blogging. I can't believe all the fun things there is to do there. So fun you are doing preschool. Sounds like it went well the first time! The little girl in it is lucy!!

Delaps said...

I am so glad that you organized the preschool. Ellie is excited to go to Sams house next week. I like to have 2 hours too...

Ashley said...

Oh yea! I am so glad for an update. I really love all the pictures, and you look so pretty and tan in that one of you and Taylor. I sure miss you, and wish we lived closer so we could do that preschool together. Such a great idea, Thomas would love it! I would love it. WE need some kids Thomas' age here. You seem like you're keeping very busy with lots going on. LOve ya